The Student Room Group

Contacting Universities regarding late applications

Is it too late to do this now? Because I started my ucas application last year November and I haven't been able to send it in as yet. That wasn't really my fault but I'm so scared that everyone rejects me when I send it.... And I'm worried about phone bills because I'm an international student... Then another thing. I don't know what my referee wrote for me, I asked her to send it to me but she hasn't and I hate pestering people. Is she supposed to list the universities that I'm applying to? Because what if they don't have space and I want to change my choices? HELP ME?? Please? :'(
Original post by Munii
Is it too late to do this now? Because I started my ucas application last year November and I haven't been able to send it in as yet. That wasn't really my fault but I'm so scared that everyone rejects me when I send it.... And I'm worried about phone bills because I'm an international student... Then another thing. I don't know what my referee wrote for me, I asked her to send it to me but she hasn't and I hate pestering people. Is she supposed to list the universities that I'm applying to? Because what if they don't have space and I want to change my choices? HELP ME?? Please? :'(

You can still apply up to June 30th. You do need to check with the universities that there are places still available because otherwise you are wasting spaces on your application. Doing this by phone is going to be quicker, but you could email them if you were prepared to wait. Your referee doesn't have to list any universities. She needs to attach it to your application.
Reply 2
Original post by Munii
Then another thing. I don't know what my referee wrote for me, I asked her to send it to me but she hasn't and I hate pestering people.

If your referee won't tell you what they wrote you can still get it direct from UCAS as a Data Protection request. It costs £10. Call or write to them:

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/privacy-policies-and-declarations/ucas-privacy-policy

You have the right, under the DPA, to either request a copy of your personal information we hold, to have it corrected, deleted, or to ask us to stop using it.To request a copy of the personal information we hold about you please send your request in writing to: Company Secretary at UCAS, Rosehill, New Barn Lane, Cheltenham, Glos. GL52 3LZ. There is a fee of £10 for this service: make your cheque payable to UCAS, and include it with your letter. Once you have received your response, please read this supporting information document (216.21 KB).To ask us to change, delete or stop using the personal information we hold about you please put your request in writing to UCAS, Rosehill, New Barn Lane, Cheltenham, Glos. GL52 3LZ. We will always consider your request to make changes to your personal information and write back to confirm the action we have taken.
Reply 3
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You can still apply up to June 30th. You do need to check with the universities that there are places still available because otherwise you are wasting spaces on your application. Doing this by phone is going to be quicker, but you could email them if you were prepared to wait. Your referee doesn't have to list any universities. She needs to attach it to your application.

Original post by jneill
If your referee won't tell you what they wrote you can still get it direct from UCAS as a Data Protection request. It costs £10. Call or write to them:

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/privacy-policies-and-declarations/ucas-privacy-policy

You have the right, under the DPA, to either request a copy of your personal information we hold, to have it corrected, deleted, or to ask us to stop using it.To request a copy of the personal information we hold about you please send your request in writing to: Company Secretary at UCAS, Rosehill, New Barn Lane, Cheltenham, Glos. GL52 3LZ. There is a fee of £10 for this service: make your cheque payable to UCAS, and include it with your letter. Once you have received your response, please read this supporting information document (216.21 KB).To ask us to change, delete or stop using the personal information we hold about you please put your request in writing to UCAS, Rosehill, New Barn Lane, Cheltenham, Glos. GL52 3LZ. We will always consider your request to make changes to your personal information and write back to confirm the action we have taken.

Okay thank you very very much for the information! I'll try to call them tomorrow morning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending