The Student Room Group

UCAS Qualification Mistakes

I just noticed there are mistakes I have made on my UCAS application.

Instead of achieving grade A, I actually achieved B on 3 different modules, but they do not affect my overall grade, and I accidentally put Edexcel instead of AQA as the exam body for my economics qualification.

I know these are the mistakes that should never be made, as it shows the carelessness side of me and will give them a bad first impression.

I have contacted UCAS and all the universities I am applying to and stated the mistakes I have made and sent them a copy of my statement of certificate.

Do you think it will affect their decision on my application and affect the chance of me getting in? Even thou I have already met all of their academic requirements.

I think I have done all I can do at this very moment, and I am just hoping to know if you guys have any experience on this matter, and maybe just some reassurance from you guys. I am anxious as hell.

PS, I sent off my UCAS application on the 10th May and just noticed the mistakes and informed them immediately.
Original post by drewma007

Instead of achieving grade A, I actually achieved B on 3 different modules, but they do not affect my overall grade, and I accidentally put Edexcel instead of AQA as the exam body for my economics qualification.

I know these are the mistakes that should never be made, as it shows the carelessness side of me and will give them a bad first impression.

I have contacted UCAS and all the universities I am applying to and stated the mistakes I have made and sent them a copy of my statement of certificate.

Do you think it will affect their decision on my application and affect the chance of me getting in? Even thou I have already met all of their academic requirements.

I think I have done all I can do at this very moment, and I am just hoping to know if you guys have any experience on this matter, and maybe just some reassurance from you guys. I am anxious as hell.

PS, I sent off my UCAS application on the 10th May and just noticed the mistakes and informed them immediately.

As you rectified it quickly, i dont think it will do any harm to their decision :smile:

No, you have done all that is required. These are mistakes which will have no influence on their decision in any case. Forget about it now.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
As you rectified it quickly, i dont think it will do any harm to their decision :smile:

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
No, you have done all that is required. These are mistakes which will have no influence on their decision in any case. Forget about it now.

Thank you for the replies. I have contacted all universities by email and phone. For now I just have to wait for their decisions.

Already got rejected by Cass yesterday, and it was almost an immediate rejection after they heard about my circumstances regarding my absence from the academic world from 2013-2016 due to health issue. What a shame :/
Thank you for the replies. I have contacted all universities by email and phone. For now I just have to wait for their decisions.

Already got rejected by Cass yesterday, and it was almost an immediate rejection after they heard about my circumstances regarding my absence from the academic world from 2013-2016 due to health issue. What a shame :/

I'm sorry to hear that. They aren't allowed to discriminate on health grounds, though.
Reply 5
I'm sorry to hear that. They aren't allowed to discriminate on health grounds, though.

Well, they might have rejected me due to other reasons, eg late application, competitive course etc. I have alrady sent them an email asking for some more details regarding my unsuccessful applications, and alternative ways to admit and study at their Uni.

I was a student at King's College London from 2010-2013, and have finished the first two years into the course. I couldn't finish my final year due to some severe mental health issues and took gap years from 2013-2016. I have been travelling and doing simple part-time jobs from 2013 til now. I have decided to have a fresh start recently, hence the late application.

Cass first sent me an email regarding my absence from 2010-2016 and if I was enrolled with another University, so I am sure they did not even bother reading my PS and my reference from my personal tutor at King's, because the deatails on this matter are included in both my PS and reference letter. So I replied to their email, simply to answer their questions and I got 2 rejections from them in the same day.

So until I got a reply from them, it's just my assumption. I doubt they will give me a detailed explanation thou. Ah well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well, they might have rejected me due to other reasons, eg late application, competitive course etc. I have alrady sent them an email asking for some more details regarding my unsuccessful applications, and alternative ways to admit and study at their Uni.

I was a student at King's College London from 2010-2013, and have finished the first two years into the course. I couldn't finish my final year due to some severe mental health issues and took gap years from 2013-2016. I have been travelling and doing simple part-time jobs from 2013 til now. I have decided to have a fresh start recently, hence the late application.

Cass first sent me an email regarding my absence from 2010-2016 and if I was enrolled with another University, so I am sure they did not even bother reading my PS and my reference from my personal tutor at King's, because the deatails on this matter are included in both my PS and reference letter. So I replied to their email, simply to answer their questions and I got 2 rejections from them in the same day.

So until I got a reply from them, it's just my assumption. I doubt they will give me a detailed explanation thou. Ah well.

Could be any number of factors and unfortunate timing. Good luck with the rest of them. (I assume you are already aware of the implications of all this prior study on student finance?)
Reply 7
Could be any number of factors and unfortunate timing. Good luck with the rest of them. (I assume you are already aware of the implications of all this prior study on student finance?)

Student finance isn't a problem to me since I am an international student, and will be self-financed to pay the international fees.

Well, at least Heriot-Watt has asked me for my A-Level certificate and my results when I was at King's, may stand a chance.

My plan B is UCAS extra/clearing and i even have a plan C, studying a foundation programme at INTO City, to grant me a guaranteed entry for the course I want to read if I manage to achieve required percentage in the core modules.

So ya, just fingers crossed for now while trying to pick up with my mathematics abilities by studying a PDF notes from warwick.

I got all 5 of my offers in my 2010 application, even from Warwick studying a mathematics degree, so the rejections from Cass this week is quite upsetting :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Student finance isn't a problem to me since I am an international student, and will be self-financed to pay the international fees.

Well, at least Heriot-Watt has asked me for my A-Level certificate and my results when I was at King's, may stand a chance.

My plan B is UCAS extra/clearing and i even have a plan C, studying a foundation programme at INTO City, to grant me a guaranteed entry for the course I want to read if I manage to achieve required percentage in the core modules.

So ya, just fingers crossed for now while trying to pick up with my mathematics abilities by studying a PDF notes from warwick.

I got all 5 of my offers in my 2010 application, even from Warwick studying a mathematics degree, so the rejections from Cass this week is quite upsetting :frown:

I'm sure it is upsetting, but the honest truth is that this time of year is pretty late and most places will be full, so don't take it personally. To have the best choice, you might want to consider taking another gap year and reapplying in September, when you would probably get a much better response from your choices.
Reply 9
I'm sure it is upsetting, but the honest truth is that this time of year is pretty late and most places will be full, so don't take it personally. To have the best choice, you might want to consider taking another gap year and reapplying in September, when you would probably get a much better response from your choices.

I agree with you, hence why I said the reasons for rejections could be due to late applications, and places being filled up.

I guess taking a foundation course during this gap year will be able to equipped me with better qualifications, and better on my CV.

For now, I can only work on whatever I am able to do. Like to do more research on other potential courses, just in case all my applications are declined, so I can apply through Extra/Clearing.

Thank you for time by the way, your advices have been appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending