The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Help

Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm currently in Year 12, my first exam is next Thursday but I really just don't see the point. I genuinely hate school and I didn't feel like that until I joined sixth form (Same school as Yr 7-11). I had a very rough patch before Christmas and ended up dropping one of my subjects because it was so hard. I've stopped revising because I don't see the point. I really don't want to do next year and I'm dreading it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
I'm in the same situation and I'm not sure if I want to carry on next year in sixth form, I feel like I have no time anymore and I feel that I would enjoy my subjects more if there wasn't the pressure of examinations there.

My advice would be to try as hard as you can for the moment(that's what I'm doing even though I have not motivation).
Also, go on uni websites and check the entry requirements for the course you want to do (if ur still interested in uni) and see if maybe BTECS are an option. I'm in a very similar situation and I'm struggling to do biology, psychology and sociology. I want to do nursing so I'm thinking of doing a level here extended diploma in health and social care (same ucas points as 3 A levels) for 2.5 days a week. Or I think I might do psychology and/or health and social with applied science as well an an EPQ dissertation which I don't give up (I think I want to keep psychology as it's the only subject I like)

I would say to speak to your careers mentor if you have one and maybe speak to the head of sixth form or a leading member of staff to see if they can help you find better courses. I would have one year of sixth form left but I would rather do a two year course that I enjoy rather than courses that stress me out too much.

I hope everything works out for you, DM if you need anymore advice 🙂🙂
Thanks for your help. Its so frustrating because I want to do an apprenticeship and I dont need any qualifications for it but my mum wants me to contine
Original post by Jellybeanz383
Thanks for your help. Its so frustrating because I want to do an apprenticeship and I dont need any qualifications for it but my mum wants me to contine

Hi, I would say if you want to do an apprenticeship, it might be better to do other qualifications like BTECS first because then you can get into higher level and better paid appentriceships. It does depend on the course though so make sure that you research your stuff x
Original post by Jellybeanz383
Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm currently in Year 12, my first exam is next Thursday but I really just don't see the point. I genuinely hate school and I didn't feel like that until I joined sixth form (Same school as Yr 7-11). I had a very rough patch before Christmas and ended up dropping one of my subjects because it was so hard. I've stopped revising because I don't see the point. I really don't want to do next year and I'm dreading it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

I would say stop with the negative approach and work as hard as you can to do as well as you can in these exams. You never know what your future holds and few AS qualifications, even lowish grades, may just be the difference that tips things your way in the future. It's a few weeks of effort that won't cost you anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest