The Student Room Group

HMRC reserve list

I applied for a AO post with HMRC and got an interview on 06/04/2016.I thought I did really well and on 26/04 received a provisional offer.Problem was an hour later it had changed to on the reserve list,I emailed them and got this

Dear Applicant, Please accept our apologies for the confusion surrounding the provisional offer email, this was due to a technical error. At present we are finalizing our merit list order. Successful candidates will be contacted with a provisional offer within the next few days. If you do not receive an offer from us at this stage then you will be placed on a reserve list, which will be revisited in merit order should positions become available within the next few months. Kind Regards,did anyone else receive an offer and then put on the reserve list and does it sound to you like im still in with a chance because this looks like a generic email they send to everyone

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I've been placed on a reserve list too..but I didn't get the email of provisional offer.

How did you do with the feedback on the interview?

I thought I did really well on the interview I'm disappointed to be placed on a reserve list as it's a waiting game again to see if they will get back with an offer..

Good luck and keep us posted
Reply 2
I thought i did really well too.My feedback was weird.Only one of my interview questions had been scored(5) and no final score given.I think they marked the little essay we did on our application (delivering at pace) and put it in the wrong place and not marked my interview at all. What score did you have?
Im going to give it till tuesday and email them again because the email they sent me gave the impression they have put everyone on the reserve until a decision is made.Hope so
Reply 3
My feedback was 6,6,5 and it does look confusing as it said section 2 and 3 and sift were still under review.

Overall my application status is application in reserve.

Where did you apply.my application was for Birmingham location.

Just hope they get back soon. 😩
Reply 4
They got back to me today with a provisional offer. I'm over the moon..just need to send back few things and then once checks are done will get formal offer with start day.hope they get back to u too.. All the best
Hey!

Same thing happened to me, interviewed 5th April and got a provisional offer on the 26th, then a reserve list email. But now today I finally got my provisional offer. And I'm over the moon. Been solidly trying to get in to HMRC since September!

My location is Liverpool.

One problem I'm in France until tomorrow am, so will have to fill all my forms in tomorrow pm. One day should be okay!

Congrats to everyone who got an offer and those on the reserve list don't give up hope :smile:
Original post by Ash8484
They got back to me today with a provisional offer. I'm over the moon..just need to send back few things and then once checks are done will get formal offer with start day.hope they get back to u too.. All the best

Is it just the health declaration and the DBS stuff we need to send back?

Having a nightmare logging into my email over in France. Will not let me at all. Had to keep tabs of this job via the CS website. Can't wait to be on home soil to get this job sorted.

Eeek I'm excited!
Reply 7
I was cardiff , didn't do as well as i thought i suppose wait and see then on reserve.
Reply 8
Rebecca what was your scores?
Original post by nicola45
Rebecca what was your scores?

I got 5,5,6! :smile:
Hi everyone, I received a provisional offer yesterday for Salford.. My scores are 6, 7, 6.
In terms of what you need to fill in, I have only completed the online forms linked to the application centre, and then returned a health questionnaire to them via email.
Hope those on the reserve list hear back soon. I know how you feel having been previously put on reserve lists, its just a waiting game unfortunately!
Yeah i'm back in the UK now and just filling them in.. I've put my references down, still abit iffy about telling my employer - would rather it was a formal offer before they checked and not just a provisional; its a gamble I'm willing to take however! :smile:

When do you reckon we'll be ready to start? June I'm hoping!
Yeah I was the same, however I just decided to tell my boss that he should expect a request for a reference.. I thought rather that then a letter turning up from HMRC to surprise him haha!
I'm hoping June also, however looking at previous threads the pre-employment checks take a while :frown: I was looking at the interview pack and that said successful applicants will begin to take up posts in June so fingers crossed we won't have to wait too much longer now :smile:
They won't be processing them until after the bank holiday I guess- it's a waiting game now.
I still think it's too good to be true until they give me my formal offer haha
Reply 14
Congratulations to you all! That's how all reserve lists should work in my opinion - on it for a couple of days maximum and then an offer. None of this 5 months and counting type of situation! Lol. Hope the pre employment checks go ok and the process doesn't take too long!
Reply 15
Well done did u get your EO email today
Original post by joty
Well done did u get your EO email today

Yes. Did you? With other locations available. Don't think I want to relocate that far... How about you? I'll have to think
Reply 17
Original post by rebecca_:)
Yes. Did you? With other locations available. Don't think I want to relocate that far... How about you? I'll have to think

I cant email back email i have [email protected] is coming back undeliverable. I can only work locally
Original post by joty
I cant email back email i have [email protected] is coming back undeliverable. I can only work locally

I replied saying yes to Liverpool but no to the other locations ... Didn't really know what to write on the email so just said I would take any officer grade that became available regardless of the one I applied for ha! Not sure if that would work but needed something to fill out the email
Also- has anyone had any movement with pre employment checks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending