The Student Room Group

Change to side bar widgets

Scroll to see replies

The latest discussions widget on the right takes up so much space and is annoying to have on my screen while I'm at work because of some of the stuff that shows up on there. Also annoyed that the reputation received and watched threads have been bumped all the way to the bottom of my myTSR page!
I just hope we'll be able to customise our widgets eventually. The current 'My TSR' default view is horrible.

In the meantime, like the idea of the changes being brought to the site.
Hi everyone,

Just to keep you updated, we have put in the request to put Watched Forums at the top of the left of My TSR homepage. It may take a little while because we are on development lock down at the moment while we make some big changes behind the scenes of the site to improve overall performance for you.

Thanks for your patience and understanding with all of this, it will end up with a better TSR once we're through it all :smile:

Jack
Reply 43
that's odd.
I used to have the ability to move and customise my widgets. can't we do that anymore?
Original post by Aph
that's odd.
I used to have the ability to move and customise my widgets. can't we do that anymore?

No, I'm afraid not. We have a bigger and more intelligent 'personalisation' thing planned where you can specify interests etc. Which means we had to take that away to make room for the new thing. It will all be good in the end but means a couple of months of things being a bit weird til it's all sorted for you.
It's really annoying trying to view my watched forums:sad:
Original post by littlenorthernlass
It's really annoying trying to view my watched forums:sad:

I think there's also a limit on the sidebar widget of how many watched forums show?? 10?
I have a temporary… bodge… I've deleted the widgets I don't like with adblock (you can configure it to allow TSR's ads :yep:) which put them in a more agreeable order. I think there's a Chrome extension somewhere which allows you to permanently change certain page elements when the page loads… will let you know if I find anything! :top:

FYI this is a bodge and I'm not recommending it. The new widgets layout and My TSR layout are slowly sending me round the bend though. So I've compromised.

Also…. I did ask elsewhere, but the Latest Discussions widget (My TSR) simply refuses to update for me. Any ideas anyone? :dontknow:
(edited 7 years ago)
WATCHED FORUMS IS BACK :party:
Original post by PQ
WATCHED FORUMS IS BACK :party:

I was just about to post this in here

:yay:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I was just about to post this in here

:yay:

I spent the first couple of seconds blinking at the screen thinking "FFS NOW THEY@VE REPLACED MY WATCHED THREADS WITH SOME OTHER NONSENSE :mad:" before realising what I was looking at :rofl:
Original post by PQ
I spent the first couple of seconds blinking at the screen thinking "FFS NOW THEY@VE REPLACED MY WATCHED THREADS WITH SOME OTHER NONSENSE :mad:" before realising what I was looking at :rofl:

I never used to use watched forums but after everyone was like ":shock: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" when they went away, I'm not now giving them a go :cool:
(edited 7 years ago)
waTCHED FORUMS :teeth:
Argh!!! Flying notifications!
Original post by PQ

Original post by iEthan
waTCHED FORUMS :teeth:

Bish bash bosh
Original post by Captain Jack
Bish bash bosh

This is great, I'm sorry for ever moaning :rofl:
Original post by PQ

I never used to use watched forums but after everyone was like ":shock: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" when they went away, I'm not now giving them a go :cool:

*edit: I'm NOW giving them a go, not not giving them a go :facepalm: awkward typo

ooooh I got re-notified when you edited that post....is that new?

edit: oh no - just noticed the re-quote NOTHING TO SEE HERE :flute:
Original post by Captain Jack
Bish bash bosh

If this works, I will never look back
oHMYGOD IT WORKS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending