The Student Room Group

Islam

Scroll to see replies

:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 201
Original post by FredOrJohn
There is a link that points out the good bits, the bad bits, the funny bits, the sexist bits, the really odd bits, with comic icons. Quite well done:

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/4/index.htm#86

What do you think - is it accurate in its labelling (see right side of screen after clicking link)?

Hi, the link you showed me is very inaccurate because English translation are not really the best.
I can't read it all but if you have anything else please tell me and I'll try to explain. I'll give an example of what I mean.

The website you showed me has this verse;
It is not lawful for you forcibly to ... take away a part of that which ye have given them, unless they be guilty of flagrant lewdness. - The website you gave me basically said that this verse means - If any of your women get lewd, cut off their inheritance.

But if you take the actual Arabic verse;
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ لاَ يَحِلُّ لَكُمْ أَن تَرِثُواْ النِّسَاء كَرْهًا وَلاَ تَعْضُلُوهُنَّ لِتَذْهَبُواْ بِبَعْضِ مَا آتَيْتُمُوهُنَّ إِلاَّ أَن يَأْتِينَ بِفَاحِشَةٍ مُّبَيِّنَةٍ وَعَاشِرُوهُنَّ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ فَإِن كَرِهْتُمُوهُنَّ فَعَسَى أَن تَكْرَهُواْ شَيْئًا وَيَجْعَلَ اللّهُ فِيهِ خَيْرًا كَثِيراً

Now if you take this verse and translate it into Arabic it means;
O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will, and you should not treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the Mahr (Mahr is the money you give a woman before you get married to her) you have given them, unless they commit open illegal sexual intercourse. (If they do commit an affair you can take back the money you gave her to be your wife) And live with them honourably.

Can you see what I mean now? Compare this to what the website said - If any of your women get lewd, cut off their inheritance.
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 203
Original post by Onde
Nevermind the media. Muhammad was proud of the violence he inflicted on others, and the first pillar of Islam requires Muslims to accept him as the messenger of Allah (as well as accepting Allah, an even more violent god).

I love how rumors get around:biggrin: (sarcasm) and maybe Islam makes sense. It is the most logical religion you'll ever know and mentions Jesus and Moses and all the prophets. So before try too make statements get a brain. I will pray for you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Onde
I agree with you. The religion founded by Muhammad has had an extremely detrimental effect on the region.

???
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mona-S
Hi, the link you showed me is very inaccurate because English translation are not really the best.
I can't read it all but if you have anything else please tell me and I'll try to explain. I'll give an example of what I mean.

It is not lawful for you forcibly to ... take away a part of that which ye have given them, unless they be guilty of flagrant lewdness. - The website you gave me basically said that this verse means - If any of your women get lewd, cut off their inheritance.

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ لاَ يَحِلُّ لَكُمْ أَن تَرِثُواْ النِّسَاء كَرْهًا وَلاَ تَعْضُلُوهُنَّ لِتَذْهَبُواْ بِبَعْضِ مَا آتَيْتُمُوهُنَّ إِلاَّ أَن يَأْتِينَ بِفَاحِشَةٍ مُّبَيِّنَةٍ وَعَاشِرُوهُنَّ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ فَإِن كَرِهْتُمُوهُنَّ فَعَسَى أَن تَكْرَهُواْ شَيْئًا وَيَجْعَلَ اللّهُ فِيهِ خَيْرًا كَثِيراً

O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will, and you should not treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the Mahr (Mahr is the money you give a woman before you get married to her) you have given them, unless they commit open illegal sexual intercourse. (If they do commit an affair you can take back the money you gave her to be your wife) And live with them honourably.

Can you see what I mean now? Compare this to what the website said - If any of your women get lewd, cut off their inheritance.

Omg i know that verse by heart:tongue:
Original post by Mona-S

On 4th Juz :P Page 111:u:
Reply 208
Original post by Ayaz789
On 4th Juz :P Page 111:u:

That's really good Mashallah! But, I think you need to stop showing off! :tongue:

Have you memorised the Quran? My goal is to finally read the whole Quran this Ramadan. I really want to! :frown:
Original post by Mona-S
That's really good Mashallah! But, I think you need to stop showing off! :tongue:

Have you memorised the Quran? My goal is to finally read the whole Quran this Ramadan. I really want to! :frown:

Hahaha im not showing off!:P I know 15 Alhamdulillah:P 420 pages i think :tongue:
My goal is to read the whole Quran 5 times haha :P
Original post by Mona-S

I gave the page and Juz in case someone actually wants to see it haha :smile:
Reply 211
Original post by Ayaz789
Hahaha im not showing off!:P I know 15 Alhamdulillah:P 420 pages i think :tongue:
My goal is to read the whole Quran 5 times haha :P

I see you are showing off again! :u:

No, I'm only joking haha! That's really amazing Mashallah! I haven't even done it once never mind 5 times. Inshallah you'll get to do it 5 times! :h:
Original post by Mona-S
I see you are showing off again! :u:

No, I'm only joking haha! That's really amazing Mashallah! I haven't even done it once never mind 5 times. Inshallah you'll get to do it 5 times! :h:

Haha yeah got 13 A2 exams too:rofl:
Reply 213
Original post by Ayaz789
I gave the page and Juz in case someone actually wants to see it haha :smile:

I promise you I was joking, haha! I guess am not very good at sarcasm! :frown:
Reply 214
Original post by Ayaz789
Haha yeah got 13 A2 exams too:rofl:

13 A2 exams!? How is that possible?
Original post by Mona-S
I promise you I was joking, haha! I guess am not very good at sarcasm! :frown:

Hahah i never noticed :P Maybe you arent!:colondollar:
Original post by Mona-S
13 A2 exams!? How is that possible?

Hahaah i mean 13 exams haha at A2 including resits lol
Reply 217
Original post by Ayaz789
Hahah i never noticed :P Maybe you arent!:colondollar:

I feel a bit offended now! :indiff:

Original post by Ayaz789
Hahaah i mean 13 exams haha at A2 including resits lol

:u: hehehe got you there!! :teehee:
Original post by Mona-S
I feel a bit offended now! :indiff:

:u: hehehe got you there!! :teehee:

No offence :frown: hahaha :biggrin:
Original post by Mona-S

cool thanks. I am a bit pissed after a works dooh, but I am taking your word for it. I think the believer does actually know best.
Thanks.

Quick Reply