The Student Room Group

What the hell is aqa as chemistry

Sorry for the rant, but seriously, the specimen papers? The whole of the new chemistry course is like,'oh you understand this?Lol, look at this question'.
How is everyone dealing with it, how have mocks been for you? (tutor me pls)
Original post by LeScienceBlogger
Sorry for the rant, but seriously, the specimen papers? The whole of the new chemistry course is like,'oh you understand this?Lol, look at this question'.

its going dreadful, life is not looking good lmao
oh no, this is what I'm studying next year :cry:

It's so unpredictable. We learn simple formulas one minute and then it all escalates so quickly. this being a completely new spec, It can either go one of two ways. Its not looking promising to be honest with you.

But that doesn't mean not to work hard to try
Ahaha I'm absolutely screwed for AS chemistry :frown: I can't even manage a good grade after doing the specimen papers twice!
Reply 5
ERM!!!!
Papers 1's are like :angry::angry:
Papers 2's are like :wink:

I don't like this spec........:frown:
AQA Chem ruining people as per usual. (Not bitter at all...)

I know everyone's in a similar boat here..... basically the old spec is easy and the way they set out the new questions in the new spec is much more difficult
well, I'm screwed for Chemistry - I can't wait till i can drop it, in the old spec papers I was getting C's and the odd B's but now... well straight U's, I mean wtaf are the specimen papers though?!?
According to people who do AQA chemistry at my school it's literally hell and my school's supposed to be like one of the best in the country or some such rubbish so I would assume the grade boundaries are gonna end up pretty low. Chill a little.
I think once I got to a tough question in the first paper, I panicked and it kinda went downhill. The second paper wasn't too bad. I could see where I went wrong in both papers, but I didn't think it was overly difficult.
Original post by Theresexx
well, I'm screwed for Chemistry - I can't wait till i can drop it, in the old spec papers I was getting C's and the odd B's but now... well straight U's, I mean wtaf are the specimen papers though?!?

The death of me :s-smilie:

Quick Reply