The Student Room Group

National 5 Maths Exam 2016

Scroll to see replies

It's okay cause you'll still pick up some marks along the way I think
Reply 41
What did people get for the volume one on p2? I got 5 thousand and something, I don't know if it's right...
Original post by yeolk
ditto ! got over 1000 :biggrin: i was like thast no right, but then gave up and put that down. Can anyone help me on the vector question? the AV one

I got that whole question wrong but I knew what I needed to do I just didnt know what numbers to use.

You had to use Pythagoras twice, first time is to get a side to use in your second Pythagoras calculation.
Original post by A+Hunter
Right okay... First paper was an absolute troll. Everything was all fun and games.

It was so easy, until you got to the Pyramid question -_-"Calculate the length of AL".... I had no clue what I was doing, I used Pythagoras, But I still think I got it wrong.

The next question, things just got worst...

The fraction one at Q8 was just horrible.

Then the graph one.... I calculated the min t.p and the y-intercept... I didn't get the roots.

Then the trig identities -_-... I got sin^2x for this.

Then to top it all off, the stupid rectangle and triangle. ALthough i think I have done okay on this, it was still a pain in the ass. What did you all get for the last question on Paper 1?

Paper 2 was really easy. I think I've done the last question wrong, But other than that not bad. Did everyone get 4.95 for the Scale factor one?

I got 4.95 for the picture one but it's actually wrong! It's suppose to be £8 something
Reply 44
Original post by Ethan100
I definitely got the final answer wrong but hoping to get a few follow through marks.

Original post by yeolk
ditto ! got over 1000 :biggrin: i was like thast no right, but then gave up and put that down. Can anyone help me on the vector question? the AV one

We're all in this together lads, Don't worry.

The first paper was very different from the previous ones.No breaking the brackets question? REALLY!? The easiest 3 marks anyone can get and they don't include that one in? No cosing/sine rule graph? No add/subtract the surds?No percentage question either?No inequalities? No angle question? (In paper 1)Instead they decided to replace those questions with a f*cking pyramid lol.
Reply 45
Original post by yeolk

the one that involved co-ordinates?
here's an answer i gave to someone else earlier:
"you were meant to use pythagoras, yeah
you just use the co-ordinates. i imagined a grid in my head, and so i used the "units" as my length, e.g. between (5,0) and (10,0), there are five units, then i did pythagoras using those measurements"
Reply 46
Original post by ___Sophie___
Overall I thought it wasn't too bad although a couple of the questions were difficult. What did everyone do for part b for the last question in paper one?

It was a quadratic application so I broke out the brackets. For the length and breath, I got 12 and 9.
Reply 47
How many marks was the question that you had to calculate the length in the xyz diagram worth? I ended up with like 3 root 5 or something lol

Lol that's what I got XD
Original post by schoolinglife
I got 4.95 for the picture one but it's actually wrong! It's suppose to be £8 something

Oh your joking! :/ Wow!
Original post by Jay431
We're all in this together lads, Don't worry.

The first paper was very different from the previous ones.No breaking the brackets question? REALLY!? The easiest 3 marks anyone can get and they don't include that one in? No cosing/sine rule graph? No add/subtract the surds?No percentage question either?No inequalities? No angle question? (In paper 1)Instead they decided to replace those questions with a f*cking pyramid lol.

OH JAY, I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF.

The paper 1s that they had in the past years were OUR level and they were exams that we were able to do with some hard work and revision but now they give us this ...

I'm just so glad I'm not the only one
Original post by eve_4342
Lol that's what I got XD

Part a was 1 Mark ( I got wrong)

Part B was 3 marks ( I got wrong)

I'm not bad at maths I'm actually really clever haha

I'm pretty sure it's 4.95 as you were supposed to square the scale factor as you were meant to be using the area scale factor
Reply 52
Original post by Ethan100
I got that whole question wrong but I knew what I needed to do I just didnt know what numbers to use.

You had to use Pythagoras twice, first time is to get a side to use in your second Pythagoras calculation.

Im sure you'll get marks for it because you showed understanding and its positive marking haha(hopefully)

I only did it once and got sqrt 13 for AV, and i thought that was it because it was only 3 marks :frown:

Because the fraction was 60/100 it couldn't of been £4.95 as that's less than £13.75! I'm with u though I put £4.95
Reply 54

I can easily do scale factor but I really f-ed up that up :frown:
I can easily do scale factor but I really f-ed up that up :frown:

Same I'm really annoyed cause I did it both ways like squared one and didn't another then ended up scoring out the £8 one which seems to be the right one :frown:
For the Scale Factor question this is what I did.

I firstly found the reduction scale factor putting 60/100 to get 0.6. I then squared 0.6 to get the Area scale factor which I then multiplied it with the price of the bigger painting getting £4.95 .

Is that correct/
Reply 57
Same I'm really annoyed cause I did it both ways like squared one and didn't another then ended up scoring out the £8 one which seems to be the right one :frown:

Not as bad as me! I did 100/60 *2 x 13.75 = 39.19! I didn't read the question right :s-smilie::frown:
Not as bad as me! I did 100/60 *2 x 13.75 = 39.19! I didn't read the question right :s-smilie::frown:

That's sooo annoying!! But hopefully you'll get a couple marks anyway for showing full working
I'm pretty sure it's 4.95 as you were supposed to square the scale factor as you were meant to be using the area scale factor

I hope so!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending