The Student Room Group

Contemplating getting a side fringe??

Ladies, i currently have a wavy side parting (black Asian hair, not too thick, curly ends).
However I think its time for a new look so i want to get a side fringe but don't want anything too high maintenance- cba for styling every day
can anyone share personal experience of how they maintain side fringes and how they wear it? does it get annoying in your eyes sometimes?

Advice much appreciated - never had it before don't want to make a mistake cutting it!
Always knew you were on the fringes of society.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob

That joke was a cut above the one I was going to make.
Reply 3

Original post by Harvey Dent
That joke was a cut above the one I was going to make.

Guys!!!!! stop it- or imma have to CUT you out of the thread
see what i did there:u:
Reply 4
^ It's getting a bit hairy in here. :eek:
Reply 5
Original post by Davalla

ok TSR is so useless for advice
I cannot say exactly because I have different hair ofc. However in the past when I had one I found it hard to manage because it used to stick out if it wasn't straightened right haha. So much easier when your hair is one length haha.
Original post by Davalla

I fear that, unlike her hair, we are much too thick for the question.
Reply 8
Original post by futurenurse99
I cannot say exactly because I have different hair ofc. However in the past when I had one I found it hard to manage because it used to stick out if it wasn't straightened right haha. So much easier when your hair is one length haha.

finally a woman who is not trolling unlike @DanteTheDoorKnob
thing is if i don't straighten it- would it go really frizzy? i don't like have hair one lenght with a side parting cos it goes really thick on one side- i figured have a shorter fringe would take of the weight on the side thats more volume cos of the parting?
Reply 9
I fear that, unlike her hair, we are much too thick for the question.

yes go and dye
Original post by MevMev
ok TSR is so useless for advice

Original post by MevMev
yes go and dye

Calm down; keep your hair on.
Reply 11
Original post by Davalla
Calm down; keep your hair on.

before u make me rip mine out yeah could u give opinion on if u like side fringes
Haha I know! When you say Asian hair how do you mean? Thick as in afro? I'm white British but thick hair and my hair does not work with one because of it being wavy it's flicks around and out in wrong way haha
Original post by MevMev
finally a woman who is not trolling unlike @DanteTheDoorKnob
thing is if i don't straighten it- would it go really frizzy? i don't like have hair one lenght with a side parting cos it goes really thick on one side- i figured have a shorter fringe would take of the weight on the side thats more volume cos of the parting?
Original post by MevMev
before u make me rip mine out yeah could u give opinion on if u like side fringes

They are very lovely
:redrose:
Reply 14
Original post by futurenurse99
Haha I know! When you say Asian hair how do you mean? Thick as in afro? I'm white British but thick hair and my hair does not work with one because of it being wavy it's flicks around and out in wrong way haha

nah mines deffo not afro like its sleek but wavy and a little bit frizzy
Original post by MevMev
Ladies, i currently have a wavy side parting (black Asian hair, not too thick, curly ends).
However I think its time for a new look so i want to get a side fringe but don't want anything too high maintenance- cba for styling every day
can anyone share personal experience of how they maintain side fringes and how they wear it? does it get annoying in your eyes sometimes?

Advice much appreciated - never had it before don't want to make a mistake cutting it!

I have had a fringe and because my hair is thick it is heavy and it does go into your eyes and I hated that so I got it out grown don't know if that helps xx

Quick Reply