The Student Room Group

Gifted and talented

Hi so my college is trying to make me join the g and t scheme. I don't really see the point of it though so do you think I should join? Do unis look at it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by zxin
Hi so my college is trying to make me join the g and t scheme. I don't really see the point of it though so do you think I should join? Do unis look at it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you shouldn't.
Reply 2
Reply 3

You can try it
Reply 4
Original post by _Xenon_
You can try it

Nah if it doesn't help theres no point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by zxin

Posted from TSR Mobile

Universities don't look at it - it's for your benefit not theirs...

Depends on the school but GaT can mean you get to do masterclasses, subject competitions (e.g. UKMT) and other enrichment activities. These are all useful things to do, if you want them to be.

And all of which you can also do yourself, but it probably makes it easier if the school helps you organise it...
Reply 6
Hmm it does seem like something I could do myself. Thanks for the reply my man
Reply 7
Original post by zxin
Hmm it does seem like something I could do myself. Thanks for the reply my man

But, again, why do it yourself if your school offers the support. Do you know about all the different opportunities? Your school probably does...
Original post by jneill
Universities don't look at it - it's for your benefit not theirs...

Depends on the school but GaT can mean you get to do masterclasses, subject competitions (e.g. UKMT) and other enrichment activities. These are all useful things to do, if you want them to be.

And all of which you can also do yourself, but it probably makes it easier if the school helps you organise it...

Personally, I think G & T and the word enrichment should involve ice and a slice of lemon... :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by ageshallnot
Personally, I think G & T and the word enrichment should involve ice and a slice of lemon... :biggrin:

Agreed. Fortunately I managed to resist the temptation to say that in my earlier posts...

(Although Hendricks, Fever Tree and cucumber if we are being fussy.)
Original post by jneill
Agreed. Fortunately I managed to resist the temptation to say that in my earlier posts...

(Although Hendricks, Fever Tree and cucumber if we are being fussy.)

Cucumber??? :s-smilie:

I'm a fan of Sacred's cardamom gin.
Reply 11
Original post by ageshallnot
Cucumber??? :s-smilie:

I'm a fan of Sacred's cardamom gin.

Hmm, sounds interesting - I'll have to research that.
And try Hendricks with cucumber. it's a thing.
Also currently working through some rather good homemade sloe gin.
But i fear we are meandering drunkenly off topic......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending