The Student Room Group

I'm going to kill Maths!

Hey guys, got exams coming up for maths and further maths soon and I was wondering if I could do past papers from other exam boards. I'm with Edexcel. Also, which exam board has the hardest maths papers? I've heard from most people that it's OCR. Is Maths and Further Maths similar between exam boards? I've done all the past papers for my modules from Edexcel and Solomon and I need more to occupy myself! I am about to kill Maths and Further Maths with Past Papers!!!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Logic938
Hey guys, got exams coming up for maths and further maths soon and I was wondering if I could do past papers from other exam boards. I'm with Edexcel. Also, which exam board has the hardest maths papers? I've heard from most people that it's OCR. Is Maths and Further Maths similar between exam boards? I've done all the past papers for my modules from Edexcel and Solomon and I need more to occupy myself! I am about to kill Maths and Further Maths with Past Papers!!!!!

Have you heard of the solomon papers? The OCR content overlaps quite a bit with C1-4 Edexcel but there isn't much overlap between FP1-3 OCR and Edexcel.

Madasmaths.com
Reply 3
Original post by Zacken
Have you heard of the solomon papers? The OCR content overlaps quite a bit with C1-4 Edexcel but there isn't much overlap between FP1-3 OCR and Edexcel.

I've done the solomon papers for edexcel but i'll give OCR a shot.
Reply 4
Original post by Student403
Madasmaths.com

I did those papers for C1-4 but it sucks that there isn't any for applied modules or Further Pure.
Original post by Student403
Madasmaths.com

he shall be missed.
I did those papers for C1-4 but it sucks that there isn't any for applied modules or Further Pure.

There are booklets with lots of questions on each topic. Past papers aren't necessarily the best practice.
Reply 7
Original post by EnglishMuon
he shall be missed.

Why will he be missed?
Reply 8
Why will he be missed?

Because he left?
I have a cute problem for you, that I just came across now. Initially posed by Fermat:
'Given three points in a plane, find a fourth point such that the sum of its distances to the three given points is as small as possible'.
try doing an ocr mei past paper :biggrin:
Original post by EricPiphany
I have a cute problem for you, that I just came across now. Initially posed by Fermat:
'Given three points in a plane, find a fourth point such that the sum of its distances to the three given points is as small as possible'.

hmm I may be wrong but wasnt a question adapted from this in step I a while back? Interesting none the less though :tongue:
Why will he be missed?

The famous question "What happens when an unstoppable force meets an unstoppable wall" actually refers to his and DFranklins maths abilities.
hmm I may be wrong but wasnt a question adapted from this in step I a while back? Interesting none the less though :tongue:

I don't know? If you know which paper send me the year.
Reply 14
Reply 15
Original post by Zacken
Because he left?

Left from what and why?
I don't know? If you know which paper send me the year.

Ill have a look. I think they simplified it by looking at 3 points on an equil. triangle only but I cant remember precisely.
Reply 17
Left from what and why?

TSR and I don't know.
Ill have a look. I think they simplified it by looking at 3 points on an equil. triangle only but I cant remember precisely.

I do remember one actually about the sum of lengths to the sides of an equilateral triangle.
The sum is constant I believe for the points inside any triangle.
(edited 7 years ago)
I do remember one actually about the some of lengths to the sides of an equilateral triangle.
The sum is constant I believe for the points inside any triangle.

ah yes that might be it. Probably a little different then but maybe same ideas involved :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest