The Student Room Group

Citroen C3 as first car ?

I've seen a citroen c3 1.4 automatic for a good price. I'm just wondering if they're a good first car for a 17 year old driver ? P.S I have to drive automatic due to my condition, so if I could I would go get a proper manual license !!
Which year model is it?

I didn't think the 1.4l comes with an automatic unless it is a semi-automatic in which case I'd give it a very wide berth.
Original post by FrannySmith
I've seen a citroen c3 1.4 automatic for a good price. I'm just wondering if they're a good first car for a 17 year old driver ? P.S I have to drive automatic due to my condition, so if I could I would go get a proper manual license !!

The impression I get is that the only condition of a first car at the age of 17 is, how much does it cost to insure?
Original post by ByEeek
The impression I get is that the only condition of a first car at the age of 17 is, how much does it cost to insure?

You mean, how much does it cost to insure when the driver is someone who it seems has a DVLA-Aware medical condition which already restricts their licence?

Better start buying some scratchcards!
Original post by Alfissti
Which year model is it?

I didn't think the 1.4l comes with an automatic unless it is a semi-automatic in which case I'd give it a very wide berth.

They introduced an automatic 1.2 in 2014, can be had from £7,000.

Quick Reply

Latest