The Student Room Group

National 5 Maths Exam 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by schoolinglife
That's sooo annoying!! But hopefully you'll get a couple marks anyway for showing full working

Yeah! The last question with the quadratics was good, I surprising managed that but the trig identities?!? What even, I only knew that tanx = cosx/sinx or something like that XD
Reply 61
Original post by schoolinglife
Because the fraction was 60/100 it couldn't of been £4.95 as that's less than £13.75! I'm with u though I put £4.95

well if you cross multiplied so ( 100/13.75 x 60/x) then you would get £8.25 but i put down 4.95 anyway ugh lets all hope its 4.95 ahahahah get rekt
Reply 62
Original post by Ethan100
OH JAY, I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF.

The paper 1s that they had in the past years were OUR level and they were exams that we were able to do with some hard work and revision but now they give us this ...

I'm just so glad I'm not the only one

Mate don't worry. Near enough EVERYONE at my school was freaking out after paper 1. I am 100% positive that they will lower the grade boundaries.

Absolute piss take imo.
Reply 63
Original post by Jay431
Mate don't worry. Near enough EVERYONE at my school was freaking out after paper 1. I am 100% positive that they will lower the grade boundaries.

Absolute piss take imo.

If they don't I. Will. Die.
Original post by A+Hunter
I hope so!

It did say the area was proportional to the price so thats why I squared it.

I don't see why its £8, I got £4,95
It did say the area was proportional to the price so thats why I squared it.

I don't see why its £8, I got £4,95

I'm confused as well. I got 4.95 as well and I don't understand why it would be £8
Original post by jj1814
What did people get for the volume one on p2? I got 5 thousand and something, I don't know if it's right...

Yeah it was like 5300 or something
Original post by yeolk
well if you cross multiplied so ( 100/13.75 x 60/x) then you would get £8.25 but i put down 4.95 anyway ugh lets all hope its 4.95 ahahahah get rekt

It is 4.95
Original post by Popcornlover
Yeah it was like 5300 or something

I got 5300 as well.

Did you find the volume of the large one then the small one then just took them away from one another?
Reply 69
havoc in twitter complaining abt paper 1 ahahaha:colonhash: mostly complains about the trig identity question which was tan^2x cos^2x.
The answer is sin^2x because you know that tanx = sinx/cosx so you just have to simplify the question
I got 5300 as well.

Did you find the volume of the large one then the small one then just took them away from one another?

Yeah exactly
I got 5300 as well.

Wait is it exactly 5300 or is that just a rough estimate of what you think you put ?
Wait is it exactly 5300 or is that just a rough estimate of what you think you put ?

I believe it's 5300 yes. Rounded to 2 sig figs
Original post by yeolk
havoc in twitter complaining abt paper 1 ahahaha:colonhash: mostly complains about the trig identity question which was tan^2x cos^2x.
The answer is sin^2x because you know that tanx = sinx/cosx so you just have to simplify the question

Do you think I would get the 2 marks?

I wrote sin^2x... That's all lol. I knew it had something to do with six/cosx though
Anyone got the paper? Did AH today and wanna see what all the fuss is about haha
I believe it's 5300 yes. Rounded to 2 sig figs

Did the question ask you to round it to 2 sig figs ? If so I didn't do that :frown:
Original post by cameronwyper1
Anyone got the paper? Did AH today and wanna see what all the fuss is about haha

Basically Paper 1 was not bad until question 7 rolled along. After that things just got worse.

Paper 2 was honestly a piece of cake.
Did the question ask you to round it to 2 sig figs ? If so I didn't do that :frown:

Yes I think so. How what did you end up with?
Yes I think so. How what did you end up with?

5 thousand and something rounded to 2 dp.
Basically Paper 1 was not bad until question 7 rolled along. After that things just got worse.

Paper 2 was honestly a piece of cake.

Do you have a copy of paper 1?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending