The Student Room Group

POLL: what would you rather own for £1500?

Poll

Choose preferred option:

Interested to know as I'm saving up 😋

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
can consoles even output 4k lol
Original post by xylas

or you could save it for later in life if you ever need it
Reply 4
Original post by Big Moisty
or you could save it for later in life if you ever need it

Yeah maybe but I need stuff now!
Original post by xylas
Yeah maybe but I need stuff now!

why the rush, is it a necessity?
Reply 6
why the rush, is it a necessity?

What rush? Are you saying you have none of the things listed?
Original post by xylas
What rush? Are you saying you have none of the things listed?

correct i do not "own" any of those things, i also don't use a often at all, tbh i never use it apart from GOT probably.
None, I'd rather own 1500k worth of investment grade gold
Reply 9
Well, considering the fact I own a surface book... :lol:

If gaming is important to you, ps4 + 4k tv + dell xps 13 isn't a bad option
(edited 7 years ago)
None of the above.
Reply 11
correct i do not "own" any of those things, i also don't use a often at all, tbh i never use it apart from GOT probably.

We're not so different you and I, except maybe you don't need computers as much as I do?
Reply 12
Original post by morgan8002
None of the above.

Excellent choices I'll just keep your £1500 then :biggrin:

P.S. I'd also like £1.5m worth of gold
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Another
Well, considering the fact I own a surface book... :lol:

If gaming is important to you, ps4 + 4k tv + dell xps 13 isn't a bad option

Yes, you're on the same page as me! How is your surface book? Would it be able to function as a do-it-all device if I got the graphics option (which as you know is very similar to console graphics)?
Original post by xylas
We're not so different you and I, except maybe you don't need computers as much as I do?

..... ok
Reply 15
..... ok

I chose option 2 because it's the closest thing I'd take
Original post by xylas

Spoiler

Answers to that poll won't really help you, because no one knows your requirements. I selected 'powerful gaming desktop' simply because I already have a MacBook for work, internet and image editing, so out of the options a desktop for gaming would make most sense for me. But that doesn't mean it would be best for you :wink:
Original post by xylas
Yes, you're on the same page as me! How is your surface book? Would it be able to function as a do-it-all device if I got the graphics option (which as you know is very similar to console graphics)?

I have the 256gb option with dgpu, and it's lightning fast. I'd definitely recommend it if you truly want an all-in-one device. Touchscreen surface with active digitiser was really important for me for art and PDF annotations, detatchable clipboard/reversible screen is also a godsend. Even though it's on the "heavier" side for an ultrabook (ie, it's not the paperweight Lenovo Yoga) it's not exactly "heavy". I can throw it in my bag and forget about it for the rest of the day. The selling point for this device is versatility - I take it everywhere I go

It's the ultrabook that runs games most smoothly on the market right now, does quite a deal better than most laptops too, but it's not a gaming machine. You won't be able to run something like Witcher 3 (then again, I doubt the dell xps13 will either!) But compared to my old laptop, which was AMD 10 processor with Radeon R6 graphics card, Surface completely blows it out of the water. I think the only performance you will find better on this will be a desktop, or an expensive 17 inch. I'd recommend watching some youtube videos featuring how the surface fares with different graphic styles, if there is a particular game you have in mind
Original post by jamesthehustler
your a person with my interests at heart how would you go though?

coins or bars?

small units(under 10g) or larger pieces (half ounces and full ounces)?

50/50. Half coins like sovereigns and maybe the biggest bar I could buy for £750

Quick Reply

Latest