The Student Room Group

National 5 maths was brutal

Paper 1 had people crying in my school, it was ridiculous. Paper 2 was much better but that regardless it was a mess

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SocialStudiesETC
Paper 1 had people crying in my school, it was ridiculous. Paper 2 was much better but that regardless it was a mess

Good to see I am not alone. I actually thought I was good at maths haha. I hope they lower the borders.
Has anyone got a copy of the last question in paper 1?
Reply 3
Original post by SeanONeill
Has anyone got a copy of the last question in paper 1?

same! at least 3 people cried in my year after paper 1. and the last question went something like find the length and breadth of the rectangle knowing that the area = x^2 -2x -8
I have the solutions for paper 1 and it didn't go very well at all for me...
Reply 5
I have the solutions for paper 1 and it didn't go very well at all for me...

Post em
https://twitter.com/SumTeacherWeb?lang=en-gb the solutions for paper 1 is here and paper 2 to come.
Reply 7
https://twitter.com/SumTeacherWeb?lang=en-gb the solutions for paper 1 is here and paper 2 to come.

Thanks mate
Tell me how you got on! Good luck
Reply 9
Tell me how you got on! Good luck

Just gonna count up my marks the now, once again cheers mate :biggrin:
Honestly, I just failed it. It feels really bad and I feel terrible for it.
Reply 11
I drew the graph wrong on paper 1, I said it was a minimum turning point but I said the coordinates were (3,1), will I still get a mark for saying that?

If I did then that's 13/40 for paper 1. Oh dear

total disappointment it was so hard paper 1 but when I saw paper 2 I was super happy with what I did in that
Reply 13
Damn, I made another mistake! On question 5 I said 240/12 was 10, not 20. I did the rest right though, could I get 2 marks?
So how did you guys do in paper 1 ? I got 15/40 trying to remember the answers I put haha. I was being nice to myself aswell . OH DEAR :frown:
Reply 15
Wow.... Um...

I didn't expect that loool
Reply 16
Original post by Ethan100
So how did you guys do in paper 1 ? I got 15/40 trying to remember the answers I put haha. I was being nice to myself aswell . OH DEAR :frown:

I think I got that too if the markers are kind lol
Reply 17
I got 18 in Paper 1 and 44 in Paper 2. That's 69% but I'm sure will move the bands down. Damn that paper was hard, almost started crying myself.
Reply 18
I thought it was difficult but nothing too advanced for national 5. What was it you found so challenging about paper 1? And how do you know your results already?
Reply 19
Going by the solutions online, I would say I got 37/40-40/40 for Paper 1. About 45/50-49/50 for Paper 2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending