The Student Room Group

Leading a girl on?

I have a nasty habit. I will tell girls what they want to hear, call them pretty and say I like them, even if I don't 100% mean it. Is this really that bad?

I'm in a situation where a girl seems to really like me, makes all the effort to talk but I'm not sure I like her back as much. I'm still trying to decide but worried I may end up leading her on, I like talking to her and her attention, I just don't want to end up hurting her.

But also, I don't to say I'm not interested, I'm just still deciding/seeing how my feelings develop.
Tell her you have a girlfriend.

edit: Not in a sort of way to let her down, just casually tell her your hanging out with your gf on the weekend etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I have a nasty habit. I will tell girls what they want to hear, call them pretty and say I like them, even if I don't 100% mean it. Is this really that bad?

I'm in a situation where a girl seems to really like me, makes all the effort to talk but I'm not sure I like her back as much. I'm still trying to decide but worried I may end up leading her on, I like talking to her and her attention, I just don't want to end up hurting her.

But also, I don't to say I'm not interested, I'm just still deciding/seeing how my feelings develop.

You're clearly a player and just want all the girls to like you
Reply 3
you enjoy the chase, but karma will hit you if you lead girls on bc one day you will fall hard for one unexpectedly and she will do the same.
Reply 4
Original post by IAmYourdog

edit: Not in a sort of way to let her down, just casually tell her your hanging out with your gf on the weekend etc.

But I'm considering dating her, I'm just not sure yet

Original post by theBranicAc
You're clearly a player and just want all the girls to like you

I rarely approach girls and look to hurt them. I just tend to like the attention, and end up saying things I shouldn't at times, which i regret

Original post by mkap
you enjoy the chase, but karma will hit you if you lead girls on bc one day you will fall hard for one unexpectedly and she will do the same.

I don't want to lead them on, I just don't know how to deal with this girl, I like her, but still deciding, but seems so into me. I'm worried about leading her on :redface:

I rarely approach girls and look to hurt them. I just tend to like the attention, and end up saying things I shouldn't at times, which i regret

I don't want to lead them on, I just don't know how to deal with this girl, I like her, but still deciding, but seems so into me. I'm worried about leading her on :redface:

stop acting so innocent as if you dont't know what your doing, if you don't like her dont lead her on,simple

Make your mind up then....

But if you want to be a fack boy just go with the gf line, then when you realise your love for her just tell her you broke up with your girlfriend because you didn't want to lead the relationship on since you like her.
Original post by IAmYourdog

LOL

i'm assuming you're a girl who says I have a boyfriend all the time to disappoint guys xD
Original post by Big Moisty
LOL

i'm assuming you're a girl who says I have a boyfriend all the time to disappoint guys xD

nope im a 19 yo male.
Reply 9

Oh dear. If you don't want to earn yourself a reputation, I would learn some self control and stop attention whoring from everyone who will give it to you - before people mistake you for an actual hoe.

Don't say that you like/love someone unless you actually mean it. Imo it's one of the worst lies. If you're still unsure, carry on being friends. There's no rush, or time limit
Original post by Another
Oh dear. If you don't want to earn yourself a reputation, I would learn some self control and stop attention whoring from everyone who will give it to you - before people mistake you for an actual hoe.

Don't say that you like/love someone unless you actually mean it. Imo it's one of the worst lies. If you're still unsure, carry on being friends. There's no rush, or time limit

I've explained I'm not sure where we stand, and to be friends for the time being, until I'm sure. So I said the right thing? I just worry about being "friend zoned" :lol:
I've explained I'm not sure where we stand, and to be friends for the time being, until I'm sure. So I said the right thing? I just worry about being "friend zoned" :lol:

If she wanted you badly, I don't think you will get friend zoned a month down the line, she might make you work for it but you did the right thing (probably hurt her feelings a bit though) let us know how it goes k?
bye.
Imo, you shouldn't have to second guess how you feel about someone. It just sounds like you are occupying your time until someone you actually like comes around. Leave her be.
I find myself in this position sometimes and it's mainly because there are factors which make me think that it'd never work out between us but I'm not 100% sure yet and am just hoping the issue resolves itself (which they never do; it's mainly to do with things like personal beliefs, personality.

What gives you the impression that she's really into you? And are you actually waiting to see if you like her or just hoping that eventually you'll begin to like her more than you do now (maybe because you want it to work, or want a gf or whatever)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending