The Student Room Group

English literature help!

Hey guys,

So in about 1.5 weeks I have my english Lit exam and I haven't studied anything yet. I'm doing syllabus 0486 CIE
So basically the problem is I find it so difficult to study for Lit.
Firstly, my english teacher is sooooooo bad and then I think the main problem is the absence of past papers.
I'm doing:

Spies - Michael Frayn
The poems from Songs of Ourselves Volume 2 Part 1
An Inspector Calls
All my sons

I literally cannot find any past papers for Spies or the poems so I dont know how Im supposed to study for these. Plus Ive heard it's insanely difficult getting a good grade in english Lit.

Thanks for any answers!
Alex
Reply 1
Original post by alexalexalex.
Hey guys,

So in about 1.5 weeks I have my english Lit exam and I haven't studied anything yet. I'm doing syllabus 0486 CIE
So basically the problem is I find it so difficult to study for Lit.
Firstly, my english teacher is sooooooo bad and then I think the main problem is the absence of past papers.
I'm doing:

Spies - Michael Frayn
The poems from Songs of Ourselves Volume 2 Part 1
An Inspector Calls
All my sons

I literally cannot find any past papers for Spies or the poems so I dont know how Im supposed to study for these. Plus Ive heard it's insanely difficult getting a good grade in english Lit.

Thanks for any answers!
Alex

Are these the past papers?
http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-and-qualifications/cambridge-igcse-english-literature-0486/past-papers/

Thank you! Yeah I mean they are indeed past papers but none of the ones I've looked at have questions about the texts Im studying. Like Spies and the poems Im studying. It's only about other books..
Reply 3
Original post by alexalexalex.
Thank you! Yeah I mean they are indeed past papers but none of the ones I've looked at have questions about the texts Im studying. Like Spies and the poems Im studying. It's only about other books..

Oh right, sorry! :colondollar: Do you not have any idea of what the exam is like or what they expect you to do?
Original post by luciie
Oh right, sorry! :colondollar: Do you not have any idea of what the exam is like or what they expect you to do?

Don't worry haha :smile: Well I mean I know the format they will ask the questions in but since english definitely isn't my thing and as I dont really know how to study for it I just want to do some past paper essays so that I can learn from them and find out kind of what level I'm at.

Quick Reply

Latest