The Student Room Group

This Muslim Girl

I've been seeing this really pious Muslim girl, we are not in a relationship. Because that's haram, But we both like each other, everything was cool between us.

But the only problem is that she doesn't know I am a ex-Muslim, and basically she makes my world black and white, her personality is bland and her life revolves around her doctrine.

She don't even listen to Music, because she doesn't approve of the explicit lyrics which might insinuate "sexual thoughts".

So one day we were in the car and sitting in traffic in pure silence. So I started getting irritated and incredibly bored, and felt slightly mischievous:colone:.

Soooo I switched on the radio, and had a random outburst and started skanking/dancing to P Money a grime artist on full blast. She was shocked looked at me like I was mad.

Anyway the next day I called her that evening and the conversation was getting tiresome, so I felt mischievous again and began blatantly asking x-rated questions, she was gasping acting horrified by my sudden change in behaviour and said she didn't want to be with me any more. So I "apologised" and told I was going to change and begin reading the Q'uran everyday, and would stop my rebellious ways.

And since then she doesn't pick up my calls, and ignores my texts. I am apprehensive she doesn't want me any more.

What do I do to get her to like me again?

Anyway the only reason I am pursing this girl is so my parents will be proud of me, and they will think that I've changed and begin loving me again.

I just don't know if me and this girl work especially considering I am quite rebellious and love breaking rules.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Londons slickest
Anyway the only reason I am pursing this girl is so my parents will be proud of me, and they will think that I've changed and begin loving me again.

Be With someone who makes you happy and who you can be yourself around. You don't have to go pleasing others just yourself or in the long run you may regret it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think that you should change yourself-maybe speak to her and make some compromises or something at least...
You should leave her alone, find someone you have more in common with.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Roxy1331

Good plan tbf
Original post by Roxy1331

Yes?
Ya Dunno? is that u
Reply 8
I've been seeing this really pious Muslim girl, we are not in a relationship. Because that's haram, But we both like each other, everything was cool between us.

But the only problem is that she doesn't know I am a ex-Muslim, and basically she makes my world black and white, her personality is bland and her life revolves around her doctrine.

She don't even listen to Music, because she doesn't approve of the explicit lyrics which might insinuate "sexual thoughts".

So one day we were in the car and sitting in traffic in pure silence. So I started getting irritated and incredibly bored, and felt slightly mischievous:colone:.

Soooo I switched on the radio, and had a random outburst and started skanking/dancing to P Money a grime artist on full blast. She was shocked looked at me like I was mad.

Anyway the next day I called her that evening and the conversation was getting tiresome, so I felt mischievous again and began blatantly asking x-rated questions, she was gasping acting horrified by my sudden change in behaviour and said she didn't want to be with me any more. So I "apologised" and told I was going to change and begin reading the Q'uran everyday, and would stop my rebellious ways.

And since then she doesn't pick up my calls, and ignores my texts. I am apprehensive she doesn't want me any more.

I just don't know if me and this girl work especially considering I am quite rebellious and love breaking rules.

My opinion is that you are not made for one another so you should move on
Original post by gemstone100
Be With someone who makes you happy and who you can be yourself around. You don't have to go pleasing others just yourself or in the long run you may regret it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, but if I end up marrying a westernised girl who doesn't adhere to wearing an hijab or reading of the Q'uran.

Then I am afraid my family will continue to push me away and shunning me from their lives.

I have quite a large family and they all pretty much despise me for admitting to being a "kufar".

I don't know, maybe I should just end it. I don't want to end up living unhappy or depressed after all.
I agree, but if I end up marrying a westernised girl who doesn't adhere to wearing an hijab or reading of the Q'uran.

Then I am afraid my family will continue to push me away and shunning me from their lives.

I have quite a large family and they all pretty much despise me for admitting to being a "kufar".

I don't know, maybe I should just end it. I don't want to end up living unhappy or depressed after all.

Sounds very selfish if you ask me.

Leave her.
At the end of the day im pretty sure there will be a girl who will fit your description but limiting yourself to someone your not fully yourself with isnt right to both you and her. Eveyone deserves to be with someone who makes them happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As'alamualaikum brother..
I would like to give you advice on two main bits that I have highlighted.
Firstly, so you apologized and yes that was a sensible thing to do however, when you told her you would change, then is that "change" for her? or Allah (swt)?
- Only change yourself in a good way, for the fear and love of Allah (swt).
I would personally say that it is better not to make any type of contact with her, stay focused on your deen, try your very best to get closer to Allah (swt) & Insh'Allah she will slowly realize that you actually are trying your best to change for the sake of Allah (swt).
- If you try with full faith then Allah (swt) will surely help you.
Secondly, the only reason your pursing the girl is so your parents will be proud. Right?
- Prophet Muhammad (saw) said:
"The happiness of Allah (swt) is in the happiness of the parents and the displeasure of Allah (swt) is in the displeasure of the parents." (Hadith)
Ponder upon this hadith.
- Change yourself first, in a good way for the sake of Allah (swt). The day you'll know that your the reason behind your parents smile, then that is the day that Allah (swt) is happy with you.
Original post by Legendary Quest
Sounds very selfish if you ask me.

Leave her.

Who's selfish, me or my family?
Reply 14

What's more important loose booty or your fathers respect?

HINT: (loose booty)
Who's selfish, me or my family?

You.
Original post by Legendary Quest
You.

What, why?

How in the world am I being selfish?
Original post by senoritatimaa
As'alamualaikum brother..
I would like to give you advice on two main bits that I have highlighted.
Firstly, so you apologized and yes that was a sensible thing to do however, when you told her you would change, then is that "change" for her? or Allah (swt)?
- Only change yourself in a good way, for the fear and love of Allah (swt).
I would personally say that it is better not to make any type of contact with her, stay focused on your deen, try your very best to get closer to Allah (swt) & Insh'Allah she will slowly realize that you actually are trying your best to change for the sake of Allah (swt).
- If you try with full faith then Allah (swt) will surely help you.
Secondly, the only reason your pursing the girl is so your parents will be proud. Right?
- Prophet Muhammad (saw) said:
"The happiness of Allah (swt) is in the happiness of the parents and the displeasure of Allah (swt) is in the displeasure of the parents." (Hadith)
Ponder upon this hadith.
- Change yourself first, in a good way for the sake of Allah (swt). The day you'll know that your the reason behind your parents smile, then that is the day that Allah (swt) is happy with you.

This is great advice, but I am not Muslim, I find no peace or happiness in Islam, being threatened by the prospect of the hell fire for committing a sin, sounds wrong to me and not something I need hanging on my thought like a dark cloud.
What, why?

How in the world am I being selfish?

Because:

Sounds like you don't really love her. You simply want to be with her so you can prove yourself to your family. How is that fair on her?

You said yourself that you don't want to lead an unhappy life... So don't stay with a woman that you don't genuinely love and respect.
This is great advice, but I am not Muslim, I find no peace or happiness in Islam, being threatened by the prospect of the hell fire for committing a sin, sounds wrong to me and not something I need hanging on my thought like a dark cloud.

I'm sorry, i had no clue... Islam is a religion of peace, the word Islam itself means peace. Hmm.. threatened is not a good word to use for committing a sin, the hell fire is just a punishment. Also Islam teaches not be scared of anyone/anything except Allah (swt) this is so that your are closer to Allah (swt) and because of the fear of Allah (swt) you wont commit any sins, which means a ticket to paradise. Amazing isnt it?!
Anyways, i hope everything works out and ill remember you in my prayers.
Salaam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending