The Student Room Group

Ran over a rabbit :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ciel.
I don't eat animals.

You said my attitude makes you sick. Do all meat-eaters make you sick? Because slaughterhouses and battery farms aren't exactly humane.
Reply 41
Original post by tengentoppa
You said my attitude makes you sick. Do all meat-eaters make you sick? Because slaughterhouses and battery farms aren't exactly humane.

They do actually. It's especially annoying when they go AWW when they see rabbits/chickens/whatever pics one second, and order meat next, pretending that their meal was never even alive to begin with.
Original post by Ciel.
They do actually. It's especially annoying when they go AWW when they see rabbits/chickens/whatever pics one second, and order meat next, pretending that their meal was never even alive to begin with.

At least you're consistent then, I can respect that.

Believe me, I have never awwed at a picture of an animal.
Reply 43
Original post by tengentoppa
At least you're consistent then, I can respect that.

Believe me, I have never awwed at a picture of an animal.

Somehow that doesn't make me feel any better. :colonhash:
Wtf you're sick you should have drove your car into a wall afterward: that would have been the right thing to do. :angry::angry:
Reply 45
I could never live with myself if I had to run over a rabbit to kill it on purpose, why not a vet?

I hope you remember what you are
Reply 46
Original post by Ciel.

I get what you mean but I go for all the RSPCA certified free range meats, I try to source it best I can, I know that will probably not satisfy you but by me doing that I am supporting the free range industry. If it can grow, surely things will be a little better?
Reply 47
Original post by Omen96
I get what you mean but I go for all the RSPCA certified free range meats, I try to source it best I can, I know that will probably not satisfy you but by me doing that I am supporting the free range industry. If it can grow, surely things will be a little better?

Anything is better than those terrible animal factories. To me, it really does make a difference. At least they don't suffer before death.
Reply 48
Original post by Ciel.
Anything is better than those terrible animal factories. To me, it really does make a difference. At least they don't suffer before death.

Agreed, it sickens me that some of these slaughter houses, especially halal slaughter houses are allowed to not have security cameras for "cultural" or "religious" reasons. This country tolerating these religious ******* was a spit in the face of any chance of making the animal slaughter more humane. You can thank the left wingers who promote halal
Reply 49
This is why I'm not learning to drive. It'd be distressing if I ever ran an animal over.
Reply 50
Original post by Omen96
Agreed, it sickens me that some of these slaughter houses, especially halal slaughter houses are allowed to not have security cameras for "cultural" or "religious" reasons. This country tolerating these religious ******* was a spit in the face of any chance of making the animal slaughter more humane. You can thank the left wingers who promote halal

Don't even get me started on 'halal' meat. Pure rage doesn't even begin to describe how I feel when someone tries to defend them, rambling on about human rights and religion.
I couldn't physically run it over again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by Ciel.
Don't even get me started on 'halal' meat. Pure rage doesn't even begin to describe how I feel when someone tries to defend them, rambling on about human rights and religion.

All religious slaughter houses need to be banned. We have gone backwards as a society when we tolerate such methods. At least we were moving towards a more humane approach but the arrival of religious slaughter has prevented that now
Original post by XMaramena
Ran over a rabbit today, it just ran into the road in front of me and froze. Couldn't stop in time, got out to check it but it was still trying to run away, injured back legs. Had to run it over again until it was dead :frown:

Feel sick, never want to drive again. I hope I did the right thing.

Are you just sick up and fed because you can't go fox hunting anymore?
Original post by Ambitious1999
I think you must report all accidents to 'The Police' within 24 hours.

Thats only true for certain animals. Cant remember exactly but its pretty much just dogs and lifestock animals (Sheep, cows, horses etc). Wild critters and cats dont count.
Reply 55
Had to run it over again until it was dead..HAHAHAHAH.. Poor rabbit, it thought it had the chance to survive and then....Boom. ran over again/
Reply 56
Original post by Ambitious1999
I think you must report all accidents to 'The Police' within 24 hours.

Not true. A rabbit is not a reportable animal. If you hit one or more of the following animals you must report it to the police: horse, cattle, ass, mule, sheep, pig, goat or dog.
Reply 57
Original post by Ciel.

omg finally someone who agrees, if one more person told me (when I was still a meat eater) that 'it makes no difference, it's just blessed' :angry:
Reply 58
Original post by Ciel.
I don't get it. What's wrong with you people? Honestly, your attitude makes me sick. There's no way I could ****ing kill an animal this way.

Original post by Serpentine111
Wtf you're sick you should have drove your car into a wall afterward: that would have been the right thing to do. :angry::angry:

Original post by Omen96
I could never live with myself if I had to run over a rabbit to kill it on purpose, why not a vet?

I hope you remember what you are

Original post by sarkrista112
I couldn't physically run it over again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Ciel.
Should've taken it to a vet then.... That's what I would do. :frown:

Original post by JamesN88
If they're not trolling then they did the right thing. It would have just died a slow and painful death otherwise.

Original post by Twinpeaks
If you ask me I think the OP did a brave thing.

I think it would be very careless, reckless and quite frankly upsetting to think of someone running over a rabbit and then leaving it critically injured to suffer a slow, painful death. If you would do that, then I think you're the sick one.

Unless you'd take him to the vet of course. And tbh OP, 20 minutes is nothing...

Original post by thatgr
do you naive kunts really think that a vet could save a rabbit with run over legs? it has no chance of returning to the wild and would likely die on the journey, it would be in more pain on the journey to the vets rather than just having its head crushed by the car
useless bonobos

Original post by Multitalented me
Why on earth would you run over it again?

I had to make a split second decision, it was dragging it's back legs behind with a trail of blood, trying to straggle up the kerb. But at that moment, I was faced with the choice of either letting it get up the kerb, then probably spend a few hours, of not a day or two, dying with mangled back legs (and likely some internal injuries too in the lower abdomen) in the bushes, or putting it in reverse and finishing it off. It was dead within 10-15 seconds, rather than be terrified and suffering for nearly half an hour before being put into an induced seizure and heart failure by a vet in an unfamiliar place.

I had an extremely short time to make that decision, and in hindsight, I do believe it was the right thing to do. I love animals, and have 7 rescues. That was one of the hardest and most harrowing things I've had to do.

I'm always careful to watch out for wildlife when I'm driving, especially where I live where pheasants and rabbits are very common near roads this time of year. Unfortunately, there were no street lamps, but due to oncoming traffic I couldn't use full beams, and it ran out in front of the car at the last moment. I'd already hit the brakes and ABS had engaged when I felt the dreaded bump.

If it makes the judgemental people feel any better, I cried all the way home, and I ruined 2 alloys and both the front and rear bumpers. I don't care about the damage, but I do stand by the decision I made. Until you come to a point where you're put in the same position, you have no authority to criticise that.
Reply 59
Original post by XMaramena
I had to make a split second decision, it was dragging it's back legs behind with a trail of blood, trying to straggle up the kerb. But at that moment, I was faced with the choice of either letting it get up the kerb, then probably spend a few hours, of not a day or two, dying with mangled back legs (and likely some internal injuries too in the lower abdomen) in the bushes, or putting it in reverse and finishing it off. It was dead within 10-15 seconds, rather than be terrified and suffering for nearly half an hour before being put into an induced seizure and heart failure by a vet in an unfamiliar place.

I had an extremely short time to make that decision, and in hindsight, I do believe it was the right thing to do. I love animals, and have 7 rescues. That was one of the hardest and most harrowing things I've had to do.

I'm always careful to watch out for wildlife when I'm driving, especially where I live where pheasants and rabbits are very common near roads this time of year. Unfortunately, there were no street lamps, but due to oncoming traffic I couldn't use full beams, and it ran out in front of the car at the last moment. I'd already hit the brakes and ABS had engaged when I felt the dreaded bump.

If it makes the judgemental people feel any better, I cried all the way home, and I ruined 2 alloys and both the front and rear bumpers. I don't care about the damage, but I do stand by the decision I made. Until you come to a point where you're put in the same position, you have no authority to criticise that.

Posting your story gives everyone the right to criticise your actions *shrugs*. It wasn't my intention to make you feel bad about yourself though. If that happened to me, I'd probably freak out really badly and cause a car accident (no worries I don't have a licence. YET).

Quick Reply

Latest