The Student Room Group

CIE A2 Bio Paper-42 and 52

Hey guys, did any of you guys take the CIE A2 Bio Paper 5 Variant-2 today?

pls let me know how it went, cause i am a little confused and I wanted to predict what the grade threshold will be this time
it was absolutely amazeballlllsssss
i kept on rechecking bc it seemed unreaalll
Original post by SamihaTahsin
Hey guys, did any of you guys take the CIE A2 Bio Paper 5 Variant-2 today?

pls let me know how it went, cause i am a little confused and I wanted to predict what the grade threshold will be this time
Original post by Wallflower73
it was absolutely amazeballlllsssss
i kept on rechecking bc it seemed unreaalll

Can we discuss ?
no prob!
Original post by malek_zein7
Can we discuss ?
no prob!

What did u write in the 8 marker?
This is what i wrote, so pls tell me if I will be ok: (gonna write in points here so the language ma be a little weird)

Independent variable-amount of grazing varied by using grazed field and ungrazed filed
Dependent variable: plant biodiversity calculated using the formula (did not mention much more about the overall procedure)
Control variables-no. of quadrats in both grasslands must be same, size of quadrants same, all quadrats placed randomly at the same time (not sure about this one point though)
Precautions: it's a low risk investigation however u can wear gloves as some plants can trigger allergic reactions on hand's skin
improvements: larger sample size, repeat several times during different times of the year

so what do u think-can I score a 5-6 minimum there? pls let me know
hehe the fact that you trust my judgement is quite flattering :tongue: but i'm not completely sure myself. but yes I said the same thing about precautions and quadrat size being the same. but they said *systematic* which means they have to be placed at regular intervals. I think using the formula is a brilliant idea! One that i did not mention, in fact. you'll definitely get marks for the improvements as well. I'm not sure which points they're looking for, but it seems you've mentioned almost everything that needed to be said! Good marks for sure ^^
What did u write in the 8 marker?
This is what i wrote, so pls tell me if I will be ok: (gonna write in points here so the language ma be a little weird)

Independent variable-amount of grazing varied by using grazed field and ungrazed filed
Dependent variable: plant biodiversity calculated using the formula (did not mention much more about the overall procedure)
Control variables-no. of quadrats in both grasslands must be same, size of quadrants same, all quadrats placed randomly at the same time (not sure about this one point though)
Precautions: it's a low risk investigation however u can wear gloves as some plants can trigger allergic reactions on hand's skin
improvements: larger sample size, repeat several times during different times of the year

so what do u think-can I score a 5-6 minimum there? pls let me know
hehe the fact that you trust my judgement is quite flattering :tongue: but i'm not completely sure myself. but yes I said the same thing about precautions and quadrat size being the same. but they said *systematic* which means they have to be placed at regular intervals. I think using the formula is a brilliant idea! One that i did not mention, in fact. you'll definitely get marks for the improvements as well. I'm not sure which points they're looking for, but it seems you've mentioned almost everything that needed to be said! Good marks for sure ^^

hey thanks for lifting my spirits a little! and i didn't quote the exact formula, i just mentioned about using it. and as for placing them at regular intervals, i wrote that but then cut it off because aren't we supposed to place them randomly to avoid biased results? random placement makes it more reliable afaik
What is the formula
n1 + n2 / m2
Original post by malek_zein7
What is the formula
hey thanks for lifting my spirits a little! and i didn't quote the exact formula, i just mentioned about using it. and as for placing them at regular intervals, i wrote that but then cut it off because aren't we supposed to place them randomly to avoid biased results? random placement makes it more reliable afaik

Haha okay i did the same i think. Ohh i see where you're coming from. but that would've been random sampling. I thought systematic meant picking a sample at regular intervals

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending