The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Hi, first post! Does the wording of this email suggest I'll get an offer?

"We would not be able to consider you for direct admission to Level 2. However, based upon the information you have submitted about your previously attained qualifications, we would be happy to consider an application for first year entry, although I cannot guarantee that you would be made an offer until your complete application has been seen by our Admissions Tutor. If an offer is made, it will be conditional on your completing the current academic year at (CURRENT UNI) with minimum 2.1 (60%) average. You should apply via UCAS in the usual way. When your application has been submitted to and acknowledged by UCAS, please email me with your UCAS personal ID number and I will deal with the application at this end for you."

For some context I emailed them: my first semester results, A-Level certificates and GCSE certificates. My A-Levels are imo not that great and below their entry grades which is why I'm worried but does his email suggest it's only really down to my statement and reference at this stage?

Thanks to anyone who responds :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by J'zargo
"We would not be able to consider you for direct admission to Level 2. However, based upon the information you have submitted about your previously attained qualifications, we would be happy to consider an application for first year entry, although I cannot guarantee that you would be made an offer until your complete application has been seen by our Admissions Tutor. If an offer is made, it will be conditional on your completing the current academic year at (CURRENT UNI) with minimum 2.1 (60%) average. You should apply via UCAS in the usual way. When your application has been submitted to and acknowledged by UCAS, please email me with your UCAS personal ID number and I will deal with the application at this end for you."

For some context I emailed them: my first semester results, A-Level certificates and GCSE certificates. My A-Levels are imo not that great and below their entry grades which is why I'm worried but does his email suggest it's only really down to my statement and reference at this stage?

Thanks to anyone who responds :smile:

Personally I would interpret this as 80% yes
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by M14B
Personally I would interpret this as 80% yes

Generally how long does it take them to respond to your application?
I wouldn't personally pin all my hopes on that; a uni sent me a similar email and when I met the course leader he told me he'd happily have me on his course and to let them know when I'd sent my application so they could deal with it, then they rejected me. It seemed like a bit of a d*ck move on their part to be honest. This is just what happened to me, and I'm not saying that you will have the same experience as me but be warned that it does happen!
Reply 4
Original post by RachaelBee
I wouldn't personally pin all my hopes on that; a uni sent me a similar email and when I met the course leader he told me he'd happily have me on his course and to let them know when I'd sent my application so they could deal with it, then they rejected me. It seemed like a bit of a d*ck move on their part to be honest. This is just what happened to me, and I'm not saying that you will have the same experience as me but be warned that it does happen!

Damn, tbh that sounds very similar to my situation so I'm more worried now.. Did you send them all the info that I sent and they still rejected you after? Thanks for the heads up btw
What it means is that if you re-apply, then you would be made a conditional offer of attaining 60% in your first year.

i received an offer from southampton for 65% for 2nd year
Original post by J'zargo
x

I have replied to you on reddit. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by pizzanomics
I have replied to you on reddit. :smile:

Haha yeah, the post was near dead and I'm still nervous about this lol :smile:
Original post by J'zargo
Damn, tbh that sounds very similar to my situation so I'm more worried now.. Did you send them all the info that I sent and they still rejected you after? Thanks for the heads up btw

Yeah I did, I was shocked and crushed to be honest. Like I said, hopefully I'm just an unusual case! Everything worked out for me in the end anyway. :smile:
Original post by J'zargo
Haha yeah, the post was near dead and I'm still nervous about this lol :smile:

It was a new comment so you can read it and reply to me on there or PM me on here, I don't mind.

I reckon you'll be alright though. Although the circumstances are different it's pretty much the same experience I had in general so you should be fine. :smile:
Reply 10
Thanks for the responses everyone... I got the offer! (yay!)
Original post by J'zargo

Congrats! :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by J'zargo

What are you planning on studying next year?
Im transferring from york to sheffield to english.
Reply 13
Original post by Er861
What are you planning on studying next year?
Im transferring from york to sheffield to english.

BSc Economics, have you got any entry criteria or is your offer all sorted?
Reply 14
Mines all sorted
I got an unconditional so i can just drop out of uni now
Reply 15
Original post by elise706
Mines all sorted
I got an unconditional so i can just drop out of uni now

Sorry it logged me into my old account by accident
Original post by J'zargo
BSc Economics, have you got any entry criteria or is your offer all sorted?

They shouldnt care about your A-levels. I transferred to an A*A*A course with CCC and they didnt care.
Reply 17
Was it with good first year results?

Original post by physicsphysics91
They shouldnt care about your A-levels. I transferred to an A*A*A course with CCC and they didnt care.
Reply 18
Im er861 btw
Original post by elise706
Was it with good first year results?

Good foundation year results.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending