The Student Room Group

I lied about my periods (Muslim)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Serine Soul
Just tell her you'll pray and read at your own time and pace, and that she doesn't need to tell you what to do all the time

Use schoolwork as an excuse too lol

Rep for being so stupid. LoL :biggrin:
Original post by samzy21
Period blood is not like normal blood. During a period, the uterus is cleaned out so the blood contains dirt from the uterus making it unclean to pray with even if that area is washed, the blood isn't going anywhere. Piss and poop is different. Once you've cleaned it up, it won't come back while your praying but period blood would. You clearly don't know the meaning of wudhu. It's done to be clean for prayer and to give respect to the Quran if read/handled.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't period blood just the uterus walls breaking down or something? What exactly is this pussy "dirt" you speak of? :hmmmm:
Original post by Thomb
Rep for being so stupid. LoL :biggrin:

How?

The OP was saying that her mum forces her to pray and read at least 10 times a day.
Reply 123
How?

The OP was saying that her mum forces her to pray and read at least 10 times a day.

But that's good practice?
Original post by Thomb
But that's good practice?

:confused:

The problems with the period aside, it sounds like the OP dislikes that her mum is constantly nagging her to pray and be observant?
I've been in similar situations countless of times and simply telling my mum to calm down and let me do things at my own pace has worked well..
Reply 125
:confused:

The problems with the period aside, it sounds like the OP dislikes that her mum is constantly nagging her to pray and be observant?
I've been in similar situations countless of times and simply telling my mum to calm down and let me do things at my own pace has worked well..

True me too. You got a rep anyway.... :tongue:
Reply 126
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Isn't period blood just the uterus walls breaking down or something? What exactly is this pussy "dirt" you speak of? :hmmmm:

bitch plz everyone knows you can grow trees in your uterus soil smh do you even know a girl? They call it fertility for a reason! Men be so ignorant :colonhash:
Original post by Anonymous
Currently Facing an issue where I lied to my mum that I was on my periods so she would stop bugging me about praying 24/7 and waking me up in the morning.

Well we today she was like when are you gonna shower cause it's been ages (as in the special one to purify yourself after periods) n i was like Yh. Went to take a shower n I've genuinely started my periods so like err.

I know I can pretend to pray but the issue lies in: My mum makes us read Quran everyday (which is why she knows it's been 10 days) and you can't read on your period!! Idk what to do its a big sin to read the Quran on your period...

As'alamualaikum dear sister,
Hmm.. lying itself is a major sin, and behind all of this is shaytaan. He has already stopped you from praying, he is slowly taking your deen away from you and now he is whispering to you to lie to your mother.
- The only way to get of this is to repent.
- Firstly make sure you have done ghusl, then try waking up for tahajjud, the darkest part of the night after esha time and before the beginning of fajr time. If you cannot do this then at least pray 2 rakaat salaah after esha salaah with the intention of "i am praying 2 rakaat sallah for Allah (swt) forgiveness. Ask for forgiveness from Allah (swt) with sincerity. Sit on the prayer mat and cry your heart out to Allah, talk to Him, He is Al - Sami (The All Hearing). However after that dont perform the same sin again. Dont tell yourself yeah ill just do it and ask for forgiveness later, shaytaan will tell you all this. And who knows the next time Allah (swt) might not forgive. Try your utmost best not to commit that same sin again!
- After this, speak to your mother, with a soft tone, quietly and slowly. Tell her the truth, tell her you have asked Allah (swt) for forgiveness, say: now all i need is your forgiveness.
Insh'Allah she will forgive you, Ameen.
Reply 128
that's not what I was saying you said she was studying because of islam as if Islam invented education for women when it didnt. you don't need to be a muslim woman to get an education, obviously.

okay fine
Shaytan is behind us in our periods? Mmm hot :perv:, I might encourage him to touch and stroke me next time :wink:

Shaytaan is always behind us, he is trying to discourage us, he wants us to displease Allah (swt). Would you really want to displease Allah (swt)?
- May Allah (swt) give you hidaayat, Ameen.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 130
Original post by senoritatimaa
Hmm.. lying itself is a major sin, and behind all of this is shaytaan. He has already stopped you from praying, he is slowly taking your deen away from you and now he is whispering to you to lie to your mother.
- Firstly make sure you have done ghusl, then try waking up for tahajjud, the darkest part of the night after esha time and before the beginning of fajr time. If you cannot do this then at least pray 2 rakaat salaah after esha salaah with the intention of "i am praying 2 rakaat sallah for Allah (swt) forgiveness. Ask for forgiveness from Allah (swt) with sincerity. Sit on the prayer mat and cry your heart out to Allah, talk to Him, He is Al - Sami (The All Hearing). However after that dont perform the same sin again. Dont tell yourself yeah ill just do it and ask for forgiveness later, shaytaan will tell you all this. And who knows the next time Allah (swt) might not forgive. Try your utmost best not to commit that same sin again!
- After this, speak to your mother, with a soft tone, quietly and slowly. Tell her the truth, tell her you have asked Allah (swt) for forgiveness, say: now all i need is your forgiveness.

Original post by Leukocyte
Next time don't lie. There is a reason why prayer is the second pillar of Islam. You can still read Qur'aan while on your periods. Either wear gloves or get a translation Qur'aan and read.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This. One lie is more likely to lead to the next. And remember this as a teaching for next time, so you do not feel guilty and land in this complex situation again In Shaa Allah :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Ah Islam! The religion of peace!
Hate when people talk about equality of men and women when clearly they know us women can't be same as men and vice versa. So get educated or hush it. Yes equality should be there in form of law etc but we are not the same.

If we are the same and should be treated equally like in everything. Then I don't accept 2 standards as then men and women shoulf both share the same toilets and not be segregated among many other examples. If yes then prove it and do dhow action to get this done. If no then do not talk about equality this and that.
Original post by joey11223
Wow is this legit? So women can't touch the Qu'ran while on their period? Tbf I think in ye olde times the Bible said equally amusing things, here it is....

"When a woman has a discharge, and the discharge in her body is blood, she shall be in her menstrual impurity for seven days, and whoever touches her shall be unclean until the evening. 20 And everything on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean. Everything also on which she sits shall be unclean. 21 And whoever touches her bed shall wash his clothes and bathe himself in water and be unclean until the evening. 22 And whoever touches anything on which she sits shall wash his clothes and bathe himself in water and be unclean until the evening. 23 Whether it is the bed or anything on which she sits, when he touches it he shall be unclean until the evening. 24 And if any man lies with her and her menstrual impurity comes upon him, he shall be unclean seven days, and every bed on which he lies shall be unclean."

Lol can you imagine that? Your partner is on her period, she sits on the couch, bam it's unclean, as are you when you sit on it. She's in bed with you? Bed is now unclean, you are unclean, touched her shoulder? Oops...you are now tainted. Thankfully we tend to wash ourselves every day anyway, and we're unclean until the evening...so I guess at night it's okay to be in contact? Or does that make you unclean again until the next evening? I don't wash my trousers/hoodies etc daily, so they're tainted for sure. Then if you get any menstrual blood on you, you pass on the curse of making beds unclean! All this laundry ffs!

But seriously it seems rather idiotic, someone menstruating does not effect the cleanness of their hands. It is also not "dirty", it is a biological process which forms part of the monthly reproductive cycle, something I'd have thought a damn God would understand considering it decided against making humans induced ovulators, which would at least solve this problem if we use the religious idea of sex only being for reproduction.

It is almost as if these ancient religious texts where actually written by mortal men who are totally oblivious to the workings of the female body and went along the mindset of "eww bloody stuff is coming out...eww get it away!".

The Bible is even weirder than that. Here check this out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zav.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keri.
(edited 7 years ago)

That's amazing, good job sister :smile:
Original post by EricPiphany
That's amazing, good job sister :smile:

Jazak'Allah Khair'un (Thankyou!):h:
Jazak'Allah Khair'un (Thankyou!):h:

'wa iyaki :smile:
Original post by Butternuts96
You want me to explain to you why God gave women periods? That's something we can all ask God on the Day of Judgement but at this moment in time, I can't explain that.

Male's don't have an equivalent for that. Men and women are equal but have different ROLES in Islam. God said that in the Quran.

In Islam, if you have sex, you must have a bath to clean yourself before you can pray because after having sex, the muslim is in major impurity and so must have a bath/shower (a big ablution) to clean himself. This needs to be done or the prayer won't be valid. Also, besides sex, we need to make a small ablution everytime we pray or else the prayer won't be valid. It's just a rule in Islam, Because we are praying to God, we must pray it according to His standard of cleanliness or it won't be accepted.

I get you - I guess it's just a rule than anything. I'd be interested though to know why it is a rule. Why is physical cleanliness so high on the scale? For example, if you were a homeless person, no access to a shower would his prayers be invalid? And if it is valid and Allah accepts the prayer since the guy is homeless, does there Qu'ran say that this is a rule with exception?
Is Allah offended by periods or something 🤔 Is your fertility dirty now hmm

Plus if you don't have the will to pray and have to lie to get out of it, you should probably start questioning yourself and whether you actually believe what you're forced to do by your mum
Hate when people talk about equality of men and women when clearly they know us women can't be same as men and vice versa. So get educated or hush it. Yes equality should be there in form of law etc but we are not the same.

If we are the same and should be treated equally like in everything. Then I don't accept 2 standards as then men and women shoulf both share the same toilets and not be segregated among many other examples. If yes then prove it and do dhow action to get this done. If no then do not talk about equality this and that.

who the hells saying men and women are the same ? biologically clearly their different but their still equal. equal doesn't mean the same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending