The Student Room Group

Copenhagen bars tired of ‘Sharia patrols’ rampage & threats raise issue with integrat

A group of bar owners from one of Copenhagen’s suburbs, who have been endlessly harassed by Muslim youth activists trying to impose a so-called “Shariah zone”, have taken their case to a government minister, urging her to protect their businesses and the locals.
Trends

Pub owners in the Nørrebro suburb of Copenhagen have for months tried to get the Copenhagen Police to take action against a group of youths from an immigrant background, who have been threatening, extorting, and vandalizing bars in broad daylight.

The concept of Sharia zones was introduced by a group called ‘Call to Islam’ some five years ago. Using volunteers, pockets of activists embark on daily patrols of the neighborhood and approach those who drink, gamble, or engage in other activities seen by the group as running contrary to Islamic beliefs.

Read More:
https://www.rt.com/news/342718-copenhagen-bars-sharia-patrols/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by VoteLeave
A group of bar owners from one of Copenhagen’s suburbs, who have been endlessly harassed by Muslim youth activists trying to impose a so-called “Shariah zone”, have taken their case to a government minister, urging her to protect their businesses and the locals.
Trends

Pub owners in the Nørrebro suburb of Copenhagen have for months tried to get the Copenhagen Police to take action against a group of youths from an immigrant background, who have been threatening, extorting, and vandalizing bars in broad daylight.

The concept of Sharia zones was introduced by a group called ‘Call to Islam’ some five years ago. Using volunteers, pockets of activists embark on daily patrols of the neighborhood and approach those who drink, gamble, or engage in other activities seen by the group as running contrary to Islamic beliefs.

Read More:

What is this?
Saudi Arabia?
Original post by TeeEm
What is this?
Saudi Arabia?

Scandinavia, so it's the next best thing
Original post by VoteLeave
Trends

Read More:

It's a shame that these 'guests' are ruining the native countries enjoyment of life. Copenhagen is a beautiful city as are most Nordic places.
tbf the Nords are also absolute morons to let this go on to the state it's at without sorting it out. I fear we're heading in the same direction
Could be worse, it's not like we have just let in ten's of millions of these peo...........

Well, we stopped letting anymore in, right? ...........no

Well, we are going to stop now that we know of the incompatibility, right?................. no

It'd be funny if it weren't so terrible.

I absolutely dread the stories that will come out of Germany this summer, little girls in dresses and bathing suits out at the beach. It'll be horrendous when enrichment comes along and sees them, if they can't control themselves when they see women dressed for winter, what'll they do when little 7 year old Hannah goes walking by in a pink dress.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zargabaath
tbf the Nords are also absolute morons to let this go on to the state it's at without sorting it out. I fear we're heading in the same direction

The migrants will ruin all the good that the Nordic countries have worked so hard to achieve in terms of gender equality and human rights.

I fear that we already are. Call me a racist and tell me to get onto a time machine back to the 1950's but I'm not okay with the fact we now have a muslim mayor of London. An Indian/Pakistani mayor who is Sikh or Christian or even atheist. I have no problem with. But what's next? A muslim prime minister? Then Sharia Law will be made legal and Britain will turn into the next Saudi Arabia
Original post by Zargabaath

Agree with this. What did these people expect? The immigrants are going to have a real culture shock when they arrive in a city such as Copenhagen. It also doesn't help that Islam is not the most accommodating of religions.
Original post by Aceadria
Agree with this. What did these people expect? The immigrants are going to have a real culture shock when they arrive in a city such as Copenhagen. It also doesn't help that Islam is not the most accommodating of religions.

The fact that the Danish authorities haven't even said anything about it yet speaks volumes of them.

Shariah Law won't be compatible with the West. Some of the Muslim immigrants make me laugh. They call the West sinful and yet they come here for the goodies.
By the time anything is done it'll be too late.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Shariah Law won't be compatible with the West. Some of the Muslim immigrants make me laugh. They call the West sinful and yet they come here for the goodies.

Precisely. I just wish more people would study and understand the religion to know that it is inherently contradictory to values such as freedom of expression (e.g. cartoons of the prophet).
Original post by TeeEm
What is this?
Saudi Arabia?

If some get their way then soon it will be very similar
Precisely. I just wish more people would study and understand the religion to know that it is inherently contradictory to values such as freedom of expression (e.g. cartoons of the prophet).

Have to agree

I always say you want to understand why some Muslims do what they do look at Islam for the answers

You may not like the answers but better to know what to expect so it can be dealt with.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Have to agree

I always say you want to understand why some Muslims do what they do look at Islam for the answers

You may not like the answers but better to know what to expect so it can be dealt with.

Indeed. We've reached a point now where we should stop being 'scared' of offending and face the facts.
Indeed. We've reached a point now where we should stop being 'scared' of offending and face the facts.

It is a discussion long past it's due date and it's one the whole of the west needs to have

But every month as numbers grow it gets harder and harder to have but it is one we MUST have.
#NotTrueMuslims #NotUs #ReligionOfPeace

Reading more and more of this, I can feel myself turning more and more right politically.

Appeasement does not work. Give them asbo-esque punishments and if they keep it up, arrest them. Or just send them back to where they came from. Seriously. Send the ****ers back. They were taken up in another country and what do they do? Bring their disgusting ideology and try to force it on those who let them in.

We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant. We should claim that any movement preaching intolerance places itself outside the law, and we should consider incitement to intolerance and persecution as criminal, in the same way as we should consider incitement to murder, or to kidnapping, or to the revival of the slave trade, as criminal.
(edited 7 years ago)

I think it is mostly the culture which has developed with very conservative values, however the religion would state otherwise!
Original post by Duck10101
I think it is mostly the culture which has developed with very conservative values, however the religion would state otherwise!

I don't agree with the idea that culture is to blame for this. I do believe that Islamic history has created a culture of fear and animosity between neighbours. However, far too much in the scripture prohibits issues that are in conflict with liberal values.
Original post by thunder_chunky
By the time anything is done it'll be too late.

I'm triggered by your avatar
Reply 19
Original post by brainhuman
#NotTrueMuslims #NotUs #ReligionOfPeace

Reading more and more of this, I can feel myself turning more and more right politically.

Appeasement does not work. Give them asbo-esque punishments and if they keep it up, arrest them. Or just send them back to where they came from. Seriously. Send the ****ers back. They were taken up in another country and what do they do? Bring their disgusting ideology and try to force it on those who let them in.

On her way to work one morning
Down the path along side the lake
A tender hearted woman saw a poor half frozen snake
His pretty colored skin had been all frosted with the dew
"Poor thing," she cried, "I'll take you in and I'll take care of you"
"Take me in tender woman
Take me in, for heaven's sake
Take me in, tender woman," sighed the snake

She wrapped him up all cozy in a comforter of silk
And laid him by her fireside with some honey and some milk
She hurried home from work that night and soon as she arrived
She found that pretty snake she'd taken to had been revived
"Take me in, tender woman

She clutched him to her bosom, "You're so beautiful," she cried
"But if I hadn't brought you in by now you might have died"
She stroked his pretty skin again and kissed and held him tight
Instead of saying thanks, the snake gave her a vicious bite
"I saved you," cried the woman
"And you've bitten me, but why?
You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die"
"Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin
"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in

[video="youtube;Mupgty5R4Zo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mupgty5R4Zo[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending