The Student Room Group

CIE A Level Chemistry Paper 4

Scroll to see replies

I thought they said it was a monodentate ligand? Otherwise I got that question wrong :biggrin: I did say the lone pair on P forms the dative bond I hope at least that part is right.... :s-smilie:
Original post by Spellingmistakes
I thought they said it was a monodentate ligand? Otherwise I got that question wrong :biggrin: I did say the lone pair on P forms the dative bond I hope at least that part is right.... :s-smilie:

if it was monodentate ;-; I gotta ask my friends of it later.
I saw on the paper that they specifically said 'R3 is an alkyl group and R3P is a monodenate ligand' or smt, but I could well be wrong.
Original post by Powerofvoice
I saw on the paper that they specifically said 'R3 is an alkyl group and R3P is a monodenate ligand' or smt, but I could well be wrong.

Yea you are likely right. My friend said the same. IDK WHY IM READING QUESTIONS WRONG. Today I read 10^-6 instead of 10^6....
Original post by Coloneltreavy
Yea you are likely right. My friend said the same. IDK WHY IM READING QUESTIONS WRONG. Today I read 10^-6 instead of 10^6....

It happens, don't worry, if this is your biggest issue, then you will be fine. And you had the physics paper 5 as well?? How was it? I just sincerely hope they will allow me using the word 'DC signal generator' instead of 'function generator'. God I need to learn the names of things too! :P
Original post by Powerofvoice
It happens, don't worry, if this is your biggest issue, then you will be fine. And you had the physics paper 5 as well?? How was it? I just sincerely hope they will allow me using the word 'DC signal generator' instead of 'function generator'. God I need to learn the names of things too! :P

Did you give 51? If you are talking of Q1 in it, i just wrote DC power supply with a control knob to change voltage hehe XD My concern with the 10^-6 is that since I got that wrong, my gradient will be different and so will all the other answers be in Q2 :/ I hope they give ecf!
As for Q1, I wrote independent variable as Voltage but many of my friends are saying its actually wavelength so that's likely 4 marks cut easily in that question.

Overall, not good XD
What did you guys write for the voltage of Ag+/Ag and Fe3+/Fe2+? And the E cell after the [Ag+]changed, I wrote 0V:frown:
And what did you guys write for the amino acid electrophoresis? I wrote the two dots Asp and Glu

i wrote for the gradient 10^-9, what did you write?
Original post by Demaciaaa
And what did you guys write for the amino acid electrophoresis? I wrote the two dots Asp and Glu

I left the Nerst equation Q for later and forgot it and only realized when time was up :/

As for electrophoresis, one of the dots which is closer to anode is Glu but the other one is the tripetide since it's the heaviest.
i wrote for the gradient 10^-9, what did you write?

Yea everyone told me it was so or 10^-10. I got it wrong though :/
I left the Nerst equation Q for later and forgot it and only realized when time was up :/

As for electrophoresis, one of the dots which is closer to anode is Glu but the other one is the tripetide since it's the heaviest.

But the three amino acids all don't have any overall charge, I was thinking about writing it, but I thought they won't move, did the question mention the pH of the electrophoresis?
But the three amino acids all don't have any overall charge, I was thinking about writing it, but I thought they won't move, did the question mention the pH of the electrophoresis?

They mentioned it being in a alkaline buffer so it has a negative charge even on peptide
Anybody remember if that question is about Ag+/Ag and Fe3+/Fe2+ or Fe2+/Fe?
They mentioned it being in a alkaline buffer so it has a negative charge even on peptide

Do you still remember if it was the electrode Fe3+/Fe2+ or Fe2+/Fe?
What did you guys write for the enthalpy reaction change and the percentage by mass of that acid?
Did you give 51? If you are talking of Q1 in it, i just wrote DC power supply with a control knob to change voltage hehe XD My concern with the 10^-6 is that since I got that wrong, my gradient will be different and so will all the other answers be in Q2 :/ I hope they give ecf!
As for Q1, I wrote independent variable as Voltage but many of my friends are saying its actually wavelength so that's likely 4 marks cut easily in that question.

Overall, not good XD

I made a similar mistake in Q1, in which I said V is varied to be reached, and you need to use different LEDs but somehow, just somehow I wrote lambda is the dependent variable!

I thought that they asked for E(Ag) only and I think I could be wrong. But the exam's passed already :tongue: nothing could change it, let's just hope for a low grade threshold

I thought that they asked for E(Ag) only and I think I could be wrong. But the exam's passed already :tongue: nothing could change it, let's just hope for a low grade threshold

i wrote glycine and serine

Quick Reply

Latest