The Student Room Group

Tinder is the final proof that looks are the only thing that matters

I mean, the whole world uses an app that basically makes you date or reject a guy/girl based on their pic. Of course I already knew this but Tinder is the ultimate proof. No matter how talkative you are or how many trips or jokes you make,if she isn't attracted to your body then she will not date you.

Scroll to see replies

I smell BS:h:
Looks will fade
Certain traits of your personality will stay:smile:
Looks as in face or body?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never have, or will use Tinder. I have first-hand experience of that fact that beauty is absolutely irrelevant in the long run when comes to a relationship.
Obviously if she's not attracted to you physically then she probably won't date you. Looks aren't the only thing that matters but they are still important, just not as important as personality.

As for tinder it depends how you use the app. I only ever swiped right on girls that had some kind of bio because the chances are they are boring if they don't have anything written about themselves. But if you're using the app for casual sex then a bio isn't important.
Never got a match on tinder, then I deleted it and made another one with pictures of some extremely handsome guy I knew, it still didn't get any matches. I think the app is crap with android or something.
Reply 6
Original post by RoyalMarine
I mean, the whole world uses an app that basically makes you date or reject a guy/girl based on their pic. Of course I already knew this but Tinder is the ultimate proof. No matter how talkative you are or how many trips or jokes you make,if she isn't attracted to your body then she will not date you.

Of course looks matter, but then, so does everything about a person.

I get the impression that you're upset that looks matter, but let me first tell you, they aren't be all end all.

Second there are some things in life you can't change or control, and some things you can. Focus on inproving in the areas under your control.

And for your point saying talkativity and character don't matter, they absolutly do matter, but you can't see them straight away or across a room, and you can't rely on them as your only attractive aspects.

Focus on what you can change and be comfortable by yourself, rather than needing a partner. It's fine to want someone, but if you need someone, it means putting them at the centre of your happiness. It's bad for you, as your happiness is dependent on somebody else, and bad also because that neediness can make you unattractive.

Take control of your own life, as nobody else will do things for you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yep it has a bug
Most people that say looks are not important in a relationship are lying.
You can't se someone's personality through a picture.
Reply 9
I mean, the whole world uses an app

Only a fraction of a fraction of the population use it.

that basically makes you date or reject a guy/girl based on their pic.

Well yeah that's the premise of the app, although swiping on an individual just means you like the look of their face and profile - not necessarily date them.

Of course I already knew this but Tinder is the ultimate proof.

If you use a meaningless dating/hook-up app as proof of some deeper societal flaw, your levels of proof required are not stringent enough.

No matter how talkative you are or how many trips or jokes you make,

Same as real life then.

if she isn't attracted to your body then she will not date you.

Hate to say it, but also same as real life. Physical attraction almost always forms a large part of the initial interest, and usually continues to be a factor.
Reply 10
The whole world uses tinder? This is absolutely untrue. I live in Italy and nobody uses it, only desperate people looking for hook-ups.
Thank you for saying what you did about Tinder :smile: it is one of the most shallow excuses for a dating app that I have ever heard of. Only a small number of people use it in the grand scheme of things, but it's still absolutely god awful and no different from a cattle market when you truly think about it. :tongue: If you do meet your soul mate on there, good for you, but the whole idea still leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.
if you are in love then physical appearance does not matter :h:
You're using the existence of an app primarily targeted at casual sex for proof that looks are no.1 in normal dating?

Good thing you're not a scientist. Or a Politician. Or anything of importance.... I hope.
Original post by the bear
if you are in love then physical appearance does not matter :h:

Lies. There has to be some physical attraction to get to the stage where you can confess your love for someone.

And? This is exactly how the world works outside Tinder too. If somebody isn't attracted to you physically, they aren't going to date you, simple as that.

I have no experience of 'Tinder', but of course looks aren't the only thing that matters in the context of possibly forming an intimate relationship. In the context of viewing limited information online- photos, perhaps a little 'bio' or story- in order to decide whether to risk moving offline, then of course looks matter.

You may find it helpful to take a contextual approach.
No though. There's plenty of hot people out there that I'd never date even if I got the chance.

Of course, looks are important for that initial attraction - but you'll never click with someone who you don't share personality traits with.
Original post by phunky_fresh
Lies. There has to be some physical attraction to get to the stage where you can confess your love for someone.

you are a rude person.
I don't think that's accurate. A more accurate statement would be "the only thing that matters on Tinder are looks".

And it's far from accurate to say that the whole world uses it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending