The Student Room Group

Friday 13th; which superstition/s do you believe in?

Poll

What's the biggest superstition you believe in?

I'm quite a superstitious person, but my main superstition is definitely walking over 3 drains, I can't bring myself to do it...ever.

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm surprised there's no mention of magpies in the poll. Morning, general! You should salute them. :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
How can you have a poll about superstitions without mentioning at least the major world religions?
I didn't believe in any until I had my phone stolen on a Friday the 13th so now I wonder if it's an unlucky day.
:iiam:
Nah!!! It really annoys me in fact (I don't know why) that people make a massive thing about it sometimes... Like, seriously... People will find a correlation between something bad happening after one of these 'superstition' things doesn't imply causation...!
:ms:
Reply 7
Original post by Pickles
I'm quite a superstitious person, but my main superstition is definitely walking over 3 drains, I can't bring myself to do it...ever.

I was about to smugly click that I don't believe in any of them until I realised that I avoid 3 drains at all costs - even if it endangers my life in the process.
:troll::worm::surprise:
I don't believe in any of them really! I can see why people would think some of them are unlucky though, like walking under ladders and opening umbrellas indoors could be a bit dangerous! But I've done things like break mirrors by accident etc in the past and nothing especially bad has happened as a result, my birthday sometimes falls on Friday 13th too and I don't think anything particularly unlucky has happened yet :tongue:

Dont believe any of it tbh.....
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pickles

hi , same , i just can't do it either , its just a chilly feeling i get ,

Do u get that ?
[QUOTE=Leviathan1741;64764677 But I've done things like break mirrors by accident etc in the past and nothing especially bad has happened as a result

This is interesting, you said especially bad so bad things may still have happened but your mind perceived them to be of alower significance/not connected to the date because you wanted it not to be, the cause and effect theory on this topic is very relevant.

Regardless I dont believe in that stuff anyway.....and bad things still happen to me :tongue:
Original post by ForestShadow
This is interesting, you said especially bad so bad things may still have happened but your mind perceived them to be of alower significance/not connected to the date because you wanted it not to be, the cause and effect theory on this topic is very relevant.

Regardless I dont believe in that stuff anyway.....and bad things still happen to me :tongue:

I was thinking more like having my parents be mad at me as the not especially bad thing :tongue:
Reply 14
When I was a kid I stepped on all the cracks in the pavement on purpose - my mama's back is still in tact :smile:
I'm trying not to believe in unlucky things happening today because my papa is finally getting his transplant today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
I'm trying not to believe in unlucky things happening today because my papa is finally getting his transplant today

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good Luck :smile: and hope everything goes well
Original post by Ria25
Good Luck :smile: and hope everything goes well

Thank you :smile:
Original post by z33
When I was a kid I stepped on all the cracks in the pavement on purpose - my mama's back is still in tact :smile:

the bears will get you....

https://bumbumgirldotco1.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/image2.jpg
Original post by spock's socks
thank you :smile:

np :smile:

do say
what happens please :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest