The Student Room Group

Why isn't there a Noam Chomsky appreciation thread?

That man is my intellectual idol, why doesn't anyone on here seem to talk about him much?

Best thing about being Jewish is sharing lineage with Chomsky.

WHY CANT PEOPLE APPRECIATE HIM WHY !!!
Why is not there a Genelia D Souza Appreciation thread..

Posted from TSR Mobile
But I follow him on facebook :yy:
Reply 3
Original post by TaintedLight
But I follow him on facebook :yy:

I don't use Facebook but I always watch his videos and things. I wish he would be shown on mainstream media more and it would be a dream come true if he lived long enough for me to intern/write paper under his supervision or something like that
Reply 4
Original post by hilrho
That man is my intellectual idol, why doesn't anyone on here seem to talk about him much?

Best thing about being Jewish is sharing lineage with Chomsky.

WHY CANT PEOPLE APPRECIATE HIM WHY !!!

You mean anti-Jewish? :cool:
This calls for a clerihew:

Avram Noam Chomsky
Defined some grammars as type-3;
On the basis of his trenchant views
He not a pal of Netanyahu’s.
Why isn't there a Robert Downing Jr appreciation thread?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by admonit
You mean anti-Jewish? :cool:

Don't be ridiculous - anti-Israeli foreign policies does not equate to anti-jewish. It just means you don't support the policies of certain states - I know I certainly don't agree with the policies being implemented in many states.

Original post by Good bloke
This calls for a clerihew:

Avram Noam Chomsky
Defined some grammars as type-3;
On the basis of his trenchant views
He not a pal of Netanyahu’s.

hahahahaha
Reply 8
Original post by hilrho
Don't be ridiculous - anti-Israeli foreign policies does not equate to anti-jewish. It just means you don't support the policies of certain states - I know I certainly don't agree with the policies being implemented in many states.

For me it is enough that he supported notorious book of Norman Finkelstein "The Holocaust industry ".
For you it is inappropriate to speak about "being Jewish" after you converted to Islam.
Reply 9
Original post by admonit
For me it is enough that he supported notorious book of Norman Finkelstein "The Holocaust industry ".
For you it is inappropriate to speak about "being Jewish" after you converted to Islam.

Never heard of the holocaust industry - will have to look it up.

As for me and being Jewish - I was an agnost before I converted to Islam and my single mother that raised me is an Atheist. So what she can't racially be Jewish? Was it inappropriate of me to identify as Jewish back when i was agnost?

I will always be part Jewish racially no matter what my religious beliefs are so don't tell me about what's appropriate and what isn't.

Quick Reply

Latest