The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

How is Sheffield Hallam Uni? and the city? Is it diverse?

Is it a good city?
Original post by Bolt15
Is it a good city?

Hey man,

I'm a tad biased as a Hallam rep, but I moved from Newcastle to come to Sheffield Hallam uni about 7 years ago and I haven't left since. I think it's an amazing student city as it's got so much of the big student life that cities like Leeds, Nottingham and Manchester have (loads of bars, clubs, restaurants, cinemas, music venues, one of the biggest shopping centres in Europe, etc.) But it's also got lots of independent business and events going on. The music scene here is excellent for holding pop-up gigs anywhere from old cinemas to basements and cafes. We've also got over 200 parks and green spaces, so there are so many options for relaxing in between lectures/exams etc.

Have a look at our website to find out more about the city.

We're a very multicultural and diverse city, Sheffield's a place that makes a real stand for rights and is very supportive of its people.

Oh, also check out this video of our students talking about Sheffield.
If you have any further questions, let us know :smile:

Laura
(Official Hallam rep)
(edited 7 years ago)
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Bolt15
Is it a good city?

Sheffield is a great city. The Metro gave 10 reasons why it is the best city in the UK

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/11/10-reasons-sheffield-is-the-best-city-in-the-uk-4793490/
Original post by theunitedGOAT
Sheffield is a great city. The Metro gave 10 reasons why it is the best city in the UK

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/11/10-reasons-sheffield-is-the-best-city-in-the-uk-4793490/

Thanks for the link! Can we ask why you think Sheffield is so great? :smile:
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Thanks for the link! Can we ask why you think Sheffield is so great? :smile:

It's a nice, welcoming city. The've got good areas especially High Green
Reply 5
Is it pretty diverse? I am just asking as I am Indian, is there a lot of indians at sheffield hallam
We currently have 97 Indians so you will be our 98th!
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hey man,

I'm a tad biased as a Hallam rep, but I moved from Newcastle to come to Sheffield Hallam uni about 7 years ago and I haven't left since. I think it's an amazing student city as it's got so much of the big student life that cities like Leeds, Nottingham and Manchester have (loads of bars, clubs, restaurants, cinemas, music venues, one of the biggest shopping centres in Europe, etc.) But it's also got lots of independent business and events going on. The music scene here is excellent for holding pop-up gigs anywhere from old cinemas to basements and cafes. We've also got over 200 parks and green spaces, so there are so many options for relaxing in between lectures/exams etc.

Have a look at our website to find out more about the city.

We're a very multicultural and diverse city, Sheffield's a place that makes a real stand for rights and is very supportive of its people.

Oh, also check out this video of our students talking about Sheffield.
If you have any further questions, let us know :smile:

Laura
(Official Hallam rep)

I'm glad Sheffield has loads of things to do! This Uni is actually one of them that I am looking at. And also, have you heard anything good about the Nursing courses at Hallam? Do you think they're any good??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending