The Student Room Group

apply for finance when you have had finance before?

I am interested in having a career change to Midwifery and Iam looking to do an access course this year in order to apply for a universitycourse at Northumbria in 17/18. I already hold a BA Hons degree in Fashion Product andPromotion that I attained from the University of Sunderland. I have had 5 years of maintenance loans and 4 years oftuition loans, I was wondering if you knew what the criteria would be forreceiving finance to fund my studies if I have already done so in the past? How many student loans are you allowed? Would the Equivalent or Lower Qualification have anypositive benefits on my application?
Original post by parki88
I am interested in having a career change to Midwifery and Iam looking to do an access course this year in order to apply for a universitycourse at Northumbria in 17/18. I already hold a BA Hons degree in Fashion Product andPromotion that I attained from the University of Sunderland. I have had 5 years of maintenance loans and 4 years oftuition loans, I was wondering if you knew what the criteria would be forreceiving finance to fund my studies if I have already done so in the past? How many student loans are you allowed? Would the Equivalent or Lower Qualification have anypositive benefits on my application?

NHS courses are( so far it's been announced for 2017 that they will be) exempt from previous study rules so you should be eligible for tution and maintainance loans for the whole degree :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
NHS courses are( so far it's been announced for 2017 that they will be) exempt from previous study rules so you should be eligible for tution and maintainance loans for the whole degree :smile:

Thank you :smile: I read online that you would need to pay for those start from year 17/18, would that be applicable? and I would need to apply for funding?
Original post by parki88
Thank you :smile: I read online that you would need to pay for those start from year 17/18, would that be applicable? and I would need to apply for funding?

Yes, you can apply for a tution fee loan:smile:
Hi there.

For the access course SFE will not fund this and you would need to discuss your eligibility 'Advanced Learner Loans' who fund these level of courses, they can be contacted on 0300 100 0619.

The funding for NHS courses as of 17/8 has not yet been decided yet. They are currently exceptions courses but there is no guarantee they will still be as of the 17/18 Academic Year as the government is still deciding on these regulations.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending