The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology Unit 6 IAL (WBIO6)/ May 13th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sandy_Vega30
Aww! Don't worry. Were you shaking when you were attempting to draw the table coz I certainly was. I didnt know how to draw it. How it you draw it?

surprisingly i was pretty calm when i drew it. it was like this:

Sugar content of apples/g
modern apple traditional apple
1) 1)
2) 2)
3) 3)
Mean Mean
Original post by xbuttermelon
You mean the one w/ apples or question 3?

Yes. How did you draw it?
Original post by aldamon

1) 1)
2) 2)
3) 3)
Mean Mean

I wrote total sugar content of 100g sample from each apple/g
Original post by aldamon

1) 1)
2) 2)
3) 3)
Mean Mean

Do you find the mean for each Variety of Apples?
Like For Cox and blah blah blah..?
In the graph to draw do you draw each and every variety of the apples?
I had trouble with drawing the table for the yoga question...I think I messed it up a bit xD i was sat there 15 mins trying to figure it out...i hope my experiment was correct though...

The apple table was easy though

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found the paper out of format, but still not that challenging. The first (effect of temperature on sex of lizard eggs) question could be related to the Brine Shrimp practical. The second (sugar content of different varieties of apple) question was quite good. Way of constructing the table was a bit challenging at first but once you figured it out, the rest of the question untangled. I found the last question (effect of differing frequencies of yoga on increasing vital capcity) quite easy. The independent variable was (in my opinion of course) the frequency of yoga course attendence in times per week, and the dependent variable was the percentage increase in vital capacity after 3 months.
Reply 26

the question wanted RAW DATA, so i just wrote
1)Cox (Mass 1) , (Mass 2) , (Mass 3)
i did the same for all of the varietes and apples and calculated mean for both varieties
Reply 27
Original post by AKucukuncular
I found the paper out of format, but still not that challenging. The first (effect of temperature on sex of lizard eggs) question could be related to the Brine Shrimp practical. The second (sugar content of different varieties of apple) question was quite good. Way of constructing the table was a bit challenging at first but once you figured it out, the rest of the question untangled. I found the last question (effect of differing frequencies of yoga on increasing vital capcity) quite easy. The independent variable was (in my opinion of course) the frequency of yoga course attendence in times per week, and the dependent variable was the percentage increase in vital capacity after 3 months.

i wrote the increase in vital capacity NOT PERCENTAGE INCREASE. is this okay?
Original post by aldamon

no

How did you draw the table for question 2?
[QUOTE=aldamon;64764687]i wrote the increase in vital capacity NOT PERCENTAGE INCREASE. is this okay?

I guess so IF you constructed the table and the graph (in part d) and wrote the units as dm3. No units, however, would gain no marks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 31
I guess so IF you constructed the table and the graph (in part d) and wrote the units as grams. No units, however, would gain no marks.

the increase in vital capacity is in dm3 not grams right?
Original post by aldamon

Yes it is. So long as you specify the unit. (dm^3). I wrote that too. :smile:
What did you write about the adv and disadv of the temperature table in question 1?
Original post by aldamon
the increase in vital capacity is in dm3 not grams right?

Yeah sorry Grams was in the sugar content question (the second question).
Original post by luisgr8
What did you write about the adv and disadv of the temperature table in question 1?

Adv:
High temperature means high number of females, so a high number of eggs. Large number of eggs to inseminate means lots of zygotes, thus offspring.

Disadv:
Small number of males means small gene pool, thus small genetic variation in the offspring. So, the offspring is more susceptible to disease.
adv: needs low temp so less energy required
disadv: decrease in male population

Mine looked like this :redface:

What about the critical value related que 2d?

Quick Reply

Latest