The Student Room Group

Are you going through a quarter-life crisis?

I'm doing a dissertation into people who have gone through a quarter-life crisis; people in their 20s who have had an identity crisis, gone through difficult times, unsure of their career path etc. I'd love to hear your story. If you don't wish to share it in public, private message me your story. Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Ed03
I'm doing a dissertation into people who have gone through a quarter-life crisis; people in their 20s who have had an identity crisis, gone through difficult times, unsure of their career path etc. I'd love to hear your story. If you don't wish to share it in public, private message me your story. Thanks! :smile:

I went through one a couple of months ago, realised the career i thought i wanted really wasnt for me so then i quit my uni course and now have a job in retail whilst i finish off my degree from october :smile:
Original post by Ed03

i would say that setting up my business was rather difficult and is only starting to grow after a year of tiny deals that were worth less than bar work i was doing now things are getting better i quit my job not long ago to focus more time on business and now have a desk in an advertising agency office my dad worked at so i can use their facilities and it is far cheaper than going it alone so i did go through it to an extent
Original post by Ed03

Hi mate. Yep I have experience something like what you're talking anout. I wouldn't call it a quarter-life crisis though.

I'm 24, beeing working on rotation across three continents for the past three years as a geologist working in hydrocarbon exploration. The rig life is absolutely horrible but I stuck at it because I like the science and the salary was great. I quit a few days ago to go back to university to study a masters in engineering geology. Whilst this might not sound like a huge career change it's a major difference in job/life dynamic and I am so happy to have left. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them.
Yep.

Been pretty miserable on my uni course the past 3 years. No idea what direction I'm going in life or what jobs to go into.

Not having an "identity" crisis though, I know who I am. Just not what to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending