The Student Room Group

Section 12 - financial details help

Hello,

So I am in the process of applying for student finance. I will be going to uni this September and it will be my 1st year. I've been living and working in the UK for the last 2 years so I am having difficulties with section 12. My parents are not supporting me at all but according to the sfe I am still dependent on them.

Which answer should I chose in section 11a? I've put N/A as I am living by my own but I am not sure if it's right.

Also if I am living with my boyfriend does it make him my partner? Should he fill out the section 12 of application or it's designated for my mother and father?

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Mandoka
I've been living and working in the UK for the last 2 years

Unfortunately you aren't entitled to an income-assessed Maintenance Loan, so the details uou're worried about aren't relevant. Your entitlement to funding is based on your years of UK residency and not your nationality/citizenship (unless you're classed as a specific type of refugee).

If you lived in the EU before coming to the UK, then you will only be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan. You need to have been living in the UK for five full years before the start of your course to get the Maintenance Loan. If you came to the UK from outside the EU then you aren't entitled to any Student Finance.
Reply 2
I am 21 this year. I am aware that I won't get maintanance load which is why I would like to apply for a tution fee loan only. I am from Poland so we're part of EUand EEA. Does it mean I don't have to fill out the Section 12 of the application?

What would be the difference in process if I don't want my finance to be based on my household income - I am living independently for almost 2 years now.

Thanks! :tongue:
Your tuition fees aren't based on your household income.
Reply 4
So Section 12 is optional? Can I leave it blank and sent it without providing any information of my mum income?

Edit:
I am so confused as it says in the form that if I am dependent student (which I think I am as I worked only 2 years in UK) I need to pass this form to relevant person indicated in section 11...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mandoka
So Section 12 is optional? Can I leave it blank and sent it without providing any information of my mum income?

Edit:
I am so confused as it says in the form that if I am dependent student (which I think I am as I worked only 2 years in UK) I need to pass this form to relevant person indicated in section 11...

EU students do a paper form, are you sure you ve got the right one?
Reply 6
I've got PN1 Paper Form - is it correct one?

Edit:
I guess I may have a wrong form.. I probably chose wrong option while registering with SFE

Can you help me with "What's your UK residency status" question?
EU National (I am a national of a European Union member state)
or
I am, or a 'family member' is, an EEA or a Swiss nationalwho is working in the UK/has worked in the UK/is looking for work in the UK.

I guess it's EU National answer... right?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending