The Student Room Group

Igcse human biology may 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by alan_hamdez
Paper 2😣

i reckon more ridiculous experiments, the kidneys as well as and something from diseases. how did you find today's paper?
Reply 21
Was the question about the potato mass diffusion?
Reply 22
Original post by nmearns
Was the question about the potato mass diffusion?

I put osmosis :s-smilie:
hey
how did you'll find paper 2? There were a few 1 mark questions other than that it was alright.
Reply 24
Original post by DangerousBro
hey
how did you'll find paper 2? There were a few 1 mark questions other than that it was alright.

the dialysis threw me a bit especially putting glucose in the dialysis fluid and the length of the tube
that's to make sure the glucose from the patient doesn't diffuse into the liquid, otherwise the patient will loose glucose and die of lack of energy instead of excess urea in the blood.
Reply 26
Overall it wasnt as difficult as i expected. I had one question I simply couldnt answer, about the parasite worm thingy (i looked it up as soon as i finished) it threw me completely and lost me 8 marks :frown:
Reply 27
Original post by Dandan11
Overall it wasnt as difficult as i expected. I had one question I simply couldnt answer, about the parasite worm thingy (i looked it up as soon as i finished) it threw me completely and lost me 8 marks :frown:

Oh I came across it in one of the past papers and it was worth 8 marks as well. I wonder if I can scrape enough marks for a decent grade
Reply 28
Original post by DangerousBro
that's to make sure the glucose from the patient doesn't diffuse into the liquid, otherwise the patient will loose glucose and die of lack of energy instead of excess urea in the blood.

that's what i put as well but then started waffling about the glucose diffusing from the blood and for some reason I named the diffusion membrane as a filter membrane, FFS
oh that's in the student book, schistosomiasis. I am not sure if i wrote enough for 6 marks though.
Original post by harveytom
Oh I came across it in one of the past papers and it was worth 8 marks as well. I wonder if I can scrape enough marks for a decent grade

The one you came across was about methods of preventing schistosomiasis,but this one wanted the life cycle of it .-.
Reply 31
Original post by Iamnayeem
The one you came across was about methods of preventing schistosomiasis,but this one wanted the life cycle of it .-.[/QUOTY

Yes, I know they were both asking different things. I meant I came across a question about schistosomiasis which then made me read about it in the book :smile:
Can someone please make an unofficial marking scheme for human biology paper 1 and 2?????? Please!!
Reply 33
Original post by NEWTONSCRADLE
Can someone please make an unofficial marking scheme for human biology paper 1 and 2?????? Please!!

someone would have to remember every single question and the figures in the experiments

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending