The Student Room Group

"George Zimmerman auctioning off gun used to kill Trayvon Martin" - Thoughts?

The auction begins on Thursday at 11 a.m. Eastern and 24-hours later.
Zimmerman calls the firearm, a Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm, a "piece of American history," in the item description on gunbroker.com, an online auction website for firearms.

"The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012," the description for the item says, noting that Zimmerman was just returned the gun by the Justice Department."

Is he right/wrong to do this?
Is it unethical?

Link here:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/george-zimmerman-auctioning-off-gun-used-to-kill-trayvon-martin/article/2591112

Scroll to see replies

It;s just wrong imo. And rather bizarre.
It seems rather odd that the Justice Department held on to his gun for several years after his acquittal.
Totally wrong.
The gun should have been confiscated by the police as part of the case.
He is free to do what he wants with his property. If he wants to sell it, then I see no problem in it whatsoever.
Original post by ODES_PDES
Totally wrong.
The gun should have been confiscated by the police as part of the case.

It was, and was returned after the case ended in acquittal.

Police cannot indefinitely steal your stuff just because they suspect[ed] you of a crime.
why would anyone want to buy something like that ? :redface:
Original post by the bear

Some right wing ammosexual with no common sense would.
gonna put in a cheeky bid
Reply 9
I don't see the issue here, anyone want to clarify what the problem is?
Original post by the bear

'merica?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess we can't stop someone from exercising they're right to be disgusting. Forget the whole Trayvon Martin thing and the uproar it caused, the fact that he's proudly advertising the weapon he used to end a child's life and acting like he's selling the Ark of the Covenant is sad and disgusting...
Original post by Jebedee
I don't see the issue here, anyone want to clarify what the problem is?

It's like a souvenir of hatred
Would you buy a knife off Charles Manson?
Original post by 0to100
It's like a souvenir of hatred
Would you buy a knife off Charles Manson?

Firstly, clarify the link with "hatred".

Secondly, I wouldn't personally but I am sure there are plenty of enthusiasts who would and I wouldn't oppose them.
It's kinda creepy jsut because it's to do with murder, like it would be having the cross near a satanist. It's symbolic and not of something good.

Anyway I also heard he was auctioning off photos of Martin's corpse, the photos taken during investigations and that, it's grim is my issue.
Original post by Jebedee
Firstly, clarify the link with "hatred".

Secondly, I wouldn't personally but I am sure there are plenty of enthusiasts who would and I wouldn't oppose them.

It's a murder weapon...it's like taking a selfie with a serial killer, why would anyone want that
I think it's psychotic lol
Reply 16
Tried and tested. Proven track record.
Original post by 0to100
It's a murder weapon...it's like taking a selfie with a serial killer, why would anyone want that
I think it's psychotic lol

But why does that make it hatred? I'm sure there are black people would love to own a ball signed by O.J Simpson. So why wouldn't Latino people for example want Zimmerman's gun?

The case was an important event and we learned a lot about the society we live in and the media/government agenda by which side they took and why. The gun is simply memorabilia of that event.
Original post by Jebedee
But why does that make it hatred? I'm sure there are black people would love to own a ball signed by O.J Simpson. So why wouldn't Latino people for example want Zimmerman's gun?

The case was an important event and we learned a lot about the society we live in and the media/government agenda by which side they took and why. The gun is simply memorabilia of that event.

OJ didn't use his ball to kill anyone
Reply 19
Original post by Mathemagicien
At least they know it works

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending