The Student Room Group

Article: The one question you need to ask yourself before letting love choose your uni

Going to uni is a big decision. If you're in a relationship the choice is even harder. Here's what you need to think about before you compromise your uni choices.

Article is here.
(edited 7 years ago)
Screw them. If they can't accept your choice in uni then they don't belong with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Good subject, doesn't quite attract the attention considering the alarmist titles in the rest of this section.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Good subject, doesn't quite attract the attention considering the alarmist titles in the rest of this section.

I was worried my title was too click-baity... hope it gives people food for thought anyhow :h:
I'm doing my all to get into a uni where my boyfriend and I will be opposite ends of the country. It's one of the best universities in the country, the course is a dream and mad employable and I love the place.
But if I don't get the steep grades I'll do a gap year. We'll probably see eachother a lot. When it comes to re-applying if it's still going strong I'll consider Russel Groups closer to where he lives.
I'm trying to see it as a win win situation- letting the grades decide. I just hope I don't end up subconsciously sabotaging myself to be with him, because I know that rationally my firm uni is a huge opportunity that I can't afford to miss.
Original post by picklescamp
I'm doing my all to get into a uni where my boyfriend and I will be opposite ends of the country. It's one of the best universities in the country, the course is a dream and mad employable and I love the place.
But if I don't get the steep grades I'll do a gap year. We'll probably see eachother a lot. When it comes to re-applying if it's still going strong I'll consider Russel Groups closer to where he lives.
I'm trying to see it as a win win situation- letting the grades decide. I just hope I don't end up subconsciously sabotaging myself to be with him, because I know that rationally my firm uni is a huge opportunity that I can't afford to miss.

Good on you :smile: That sounds like you're taking a good approach to the situation. Is he also going to uni?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Good on you :smile: That sounds like you're taking a good approach to the situation. Is he also going to uni?

nope, he's already been :smile:
Original post by DiddyDec
Screw them. If they can't accept your choice in uni then they don't belong with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is the most passionate I have ever witnessed you. :rofl:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
This is the most passionate I have ever witnessed you. :rofl:

I do have a "soft" side.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending