The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA paper 1- revision

Hey- the days of exams are nearly upon us!

here are my last minute notes i typed up on:
Social Influence,
Memory,
Attachment,

don't know if they will be useful to anyone, and yes i know there are a few mistakes. Please feel free to ask me any questions about them! x Also i have a few biology notes typed up in this style, if anyone wants me to post them then inbox moi.

GOOD LUCK :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Do you have any predictions???
Reply 2
Original post by doc.dolittle
Do you have any predictions???

i actually want a few predictions too
These notes are very helpful!
Thanks for sharing!!
Original post by Synonym
i actually want a few predictions too

Apparently bowlby's monotropic theory may come up as a 12 marker but because it's a new spec it's hard to predict.
Original post by rajneetk
Apparently bowlby's monotropic theory may come up as a 12 marker but because it's a new spec it's hard to predict.

Do wee need to know research methods? Because my teachers were saying that they were likely to as some on the sign test.
Do wee need to know research methods? Because my teachers were saying that they were likely to as some on the sign test.

Yes!!!
Research methods will come on paper 1 but not extensively.
There will be a whole section is research methods on paper 2.
The sine test is new for this spec so yeah it may come up

As is the role of the father in attatchments so that may come up too.

:smile:
Ok thanks that makes sense now! :biggrin:
Reply 8

Also attachment influence on adult relationships is likely to come up (according to my teacher).
Ok thanks that makes sense now! :biggrin:

Do you think they'll be harsh with us this year?
Last year the grade boundaries were really high!
I hoping they're nice this year lool :biggrin:
Original post by RGPunt
Also attachment influence on adult relationships is likely to come up (according to my teacher).

I need to write this down lmao
Thanks for sharing!
I'm pretty sure that's the hazan and shaver study?
Is it shaver? Or schaeffer?

Also ainsworth might come up
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Do you think they'll be harsh with us this year?
Last year the grade boundaries were really high!
I hoping they're nice this year lool :biggrin:

As its a new spec it should be quite low as we have less resources than last year. Although best to assume 80% A 70% B etc
Reply 12
I need to write this down lmao
Thanks for sharing!
I'm pretty sure that's the hazan and shaver study?
Is it shaver? Or schaeffer?

Also ainsworth might come up

Hazan and Schafer haha he love quiz one also its worth having a look at Myron-Wilson and Smith 1998, they looked into bullying and whether its affected by attachment types.
Original post by RGPunt
Hazan and Schafer haha he love quiz one also its worth having a look at Myron-Wilson and Smith 1998, they looked into bullying and whether its affected by attachment types.

My textbook says shaver
And says nothing about Myron

I searched their study and it says shaver

I'm so confused right now :redface:
Original post by RGPunt
As its a new spec it should be quite low as we have less resources than last year. Although best to assume 80% A 70% B etc

That's what my teacher said too lmao
I attached an image of the 'mark scheme' our teachers gave us :smile: so yeah about 80% to get an A-
Yes!!!
Research methods will come on paper 1 but not extensively.
There will be a whole section is research methods on paper 2.
The sine test is new for this spec so yeah it may come up

As is the role of the father in attatchments so that may come up too.

:smile:

Yeah, my teacher said the role of the father is very likely to come up, strange situation and the duration, capacity and coding of the wmm and msm:smile:
Original post by magnusbane1
Yeah, my teacher said the role of the father is very likely to come up, strange situation and the duration, capacity and coding of the wmm and msm:smile:

Omg! Thank you so much lool
I think effects of anxiety may come up too but not too sure
Any more predictions? For memory and social influence by any chance? :smile:
Original post by magnusbane1

Thanks do you think there will be a 12 marker on social change?
Reply 18
My textbook says shaver
And says nothing about Myron

I searched their study and it says shaver

I'm so confused right now :redface:

Sorry my teacher gave us the APFC for this study she previously used as she found it applicable, it wont be in the books.

They tested 196 children from a South Each London primary school by assessing attachment types, childs perception of parenting style and then examined the child for involement in bullying using a participants role scale. (children identify peers as a bully, involved in bullying or victim). Securely atached children were unlikely to be involved at all, insecure- avoident were most likely to be victims and insecure- resistent were most likely to be bullies. They concluded that insecurely attached children were more likely to be apart of negative peer interactions.

It's unlikely to be a question but works for an evaluation or supporting evidense, sorry to confuse you by randomly springing in a random study haha.
Original post by RGPunt
Sorry my teacher gave us the APFC for this study she previously used as she found it applicable, it wont be in the books.

They tested 196 children from a South Each London primary school by assessing attachment types, childs perception of parenting style and then examined the child for involement in bullying using a participants role scale. (children identify peers as a bully, involved in bullying or victim). Securely atached children were unlikely to be involved at all, insecure- avoident were most likely to be victims and insecure- resistent were most likely to be bullies. They concluded that insecurely attached children were more likely to be apart of negative peer interactions.

It's unlikely to be a question but works for an evaluation or supporting evidense, sorry to confuse you by randomly springing in a random study haha.

Just took a screenshot of your post
Thank you so so much!! Xx

:hugs:

Thanks for taking out your time to write this :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest