The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE English Literature

Who else is freaking out about English lit? Hopefully not just me.
I have 2 weeks until my poetry exam, anyone have any ideas for The CLASHES AND COLLISIONS section: I need a poem to compare with August 6 1945?
Reply 1
Yes I am! I'm doing the relationships section........ So if anyone has any help on how to compare poems there as well, that would be so helpful
Reply 2
Are you doing OMAM? 47 Marker
Reply 3
Original post by OHamdy
Are you doing OMAM? 47 Marker

Yep. And Jekyll and Hyde......

What are you doing?
Reply 4
Original post by Crazy_Owl
Yep. And Jekyll and Hyde......

What are you doing?

My exam board is edexcel by the way
Reply 5
same any predictions on omam? i am doing animal farm as well
My exam board is edexcel by the way
Original post by OHamdy
same any predictions on omam? i am doing animal farm as well

I'm doing both those... For Literature I have a feeling its gonna be a question about Slim, hes never come up. Although it could also be Lennie, Curley or Curley's wife as they came up back in 2011/2012
Yes I am! I'm doing the relationships section........ So if anyone has any help on how to compare poems there as well, that would be so helpful

I'm doing that exam as well. Idk how ur teacher told u what to write in ur exam in terms of structure but for me the best format to get the top marks is to do one paragraph on subject, speaker and tone and compare it to another poem, then doing language analysis, where there's either two similar language features in both poems and 1 different one or 2 different ones and one similar language feature, compare those in detail. The next paragraph would be form and structure, things like enjambments, rhyming scheme, stanza sizes etc. Compare form and structure for both poems. Then if u have enough time do a paragraph on visual imagery where there is imagery presented in the poems and why it is used in each poem.
For the unseen poetry question, do the same thing but don't compare it to another poem as its only one question.
Good luck with the exams:smile:
Original post by eg1472
I'm doing both those... For Literature I have a feeling its gonna be a question about Slim, hes never come up. Although it could also be Lennie, Curley or Curley's wife as they came up back in 2011/2012

I have a feelings it gonna be either slim, Lennie or George . If they give Curley I'm gonna be annoyed but curley's wife would be good, seems unlikely tho,
My teacher told us to get full marks on comparing poems, first summarise them both, then do the comparison like "In poem A.... Blah blah blah" and then your paragraph and then "however/ similarly in Poem B... Blah blah blah" and keep going back and fourth as some people like to analyse one poem and then do the comparison after. Hope that helped? ☺️
I feel like OMAM is going to be Curley because he hasn't come up nearly at all, I hope it isn't slim though, does anyone know what you'd write about slim?
Original post by Sajjad_K9
Here's some stuff about Slim

Thank you☺️
Reply 12
Original post by Heena.alia
I have a feelings it gonna be either slim, Lennie or George . If they give Curley I'm gonna be annoyed but curley's wife would be good, seems unlikely tho,

So Slim?
Reply 13
I'm doing Animal Farm and To Kill a Mockingbird. Does anyone have any predictions on the theme that may come up in 1c for Animal Farm?
im doing of mice and men and animal farm. what do you think is going to come up for animal farm? i thinks its going to be about benjamin

Quick Reply

Latest