The Student Room Group

iGCSE biology edexcel May 17th predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hamza.sheikh
Can you give me some tips for exam technique? And for those experimental and investigation questions/suggesting improvements and all. :smile:

My teacher taught us "CORMSS" for the six mark experiment questions.

C = Change - What you're changing
O = Observation - What you are looking to happen
R = Reliability - How you make it a fair test
M = Measurement - What you're measuring
S = Same - What you're keeping the same
S = Same - (Always include two things you will not change)

Just formulate this into what it's asking and there you have 6 marks in the bag :tongue:
[QUOTE="themightysandu;64765563"]
Original post by exoexo13

My teacher makes sure we know everything and a bit of extra knowledge can't hurt, might even boost examiners faith in our generation, because so little people take this seriously (at least in my school)

Posted from TSR Mobile

What does it actually do?
If you're asked to write an experiment then just remember CORMS and make sure you write for all the 5 letters trust me you'll get atleast a 6 out of 7. To get the 7th mark you'll have to enhance your answer a bit :smile:
my teacher also advise's me about the CORMS and says too repeat this in every experiment !!!!;p
Do you guys reckon something about cloning, natural selection or selective breeding might pop up? I'm really weak on topics like fermentation and enzymes and the circulatory system - hope they don't come out. D:
Original post by asd.987
Do you guys reckon something about cloning, natural selection or selective breeding might pop up? I'm really weak on topics like fermentation and enzymes and the circulatory system - hope they don't come out. D:

Probably will, same though

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="exoexo13;64768059"]
Original post by themightysandu

What does it actually do?

Reabsorption of sodium chloride and some water, not sure we have to know that, but could be useful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, lets say for example a question comes up " Describe the natural methods by which plants reproduce asexually. (i) Runners (ii) Cuttings. " of 5 marks. What will you guys answer?
firstly i m almost 90% sure these type of questions wont come!!!
secondly where did u get this question!!!!?????
Original post by shahida sulaiman
firstly i m almost 90% sure these type of questions wont come!!!
secondly where did u get this question!!!!?????

It can! It clearly states in the specification that you should be knowing about runners and cuttings.
u just need to know about them ;
*cutting is used when u cut the stem of a plant with some leaves attached and plant these in compost
u need to know the main concept because they give questions that ask u indirectly about these things
they r not straight away going to ask directly ......well i think they wont i guess!!!:smile:
Just did a past paper and got 97/120.. as I'm doing Dual that equates to A*A* if I get 97 on Physics & Chemistry however that will definitely not happen.. Physics I'll probably get 85-90 at the very most and Chemistry I will probably get 65-70 at the most.

Science for me is so unpredictable, sometimes I get high A*s, other times I literally get Ds... :s-smilie: I am hoping for the best, and that the exams will be on topics I actually know.
[QUOTE=george_c00per;64772953]Just did a past paper and got 97/120.. as I'm doing Dual that equates to A*A* if I get 97 on Physics & Chemistry however that will definitely not happen.. Physics I'll probably get 85-90 at the very most and Chemistry I will probably get 65-70 at the most.

Science for me is so unpredictable, sometimes I get high A*s, other times I literally get Ds... :s-smilie: I am hoping for the best, and that the exams will be on topics I actually know.
yeah me too in my term exams i got A*'s in all sciences but in mocks it droped to Bs and Cs
Anyone actually feeling ready for Tuesday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=themightysandu;64774385]Anyone actually feeling ready for Tuesday?

Posted from TSR Mobileok! so no matter what how much i revise i will never be ready lol!!!!:smile:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463163463.870243.jpg
This revision will be the death of me,
The revision guide is so cringeworthy

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=themightysandu;64774483]ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463163463.870243.jpg
This revision will be the death of me,
The revision guide is so cringeworthy

Posted from TSR Mobile u r lucky u have that revision guide bcuz its really good!!!
Original post by shahida sulaiman
u r lucky u have that revision guide bcuz its really good!!!

My teacher likes my class because we actually do work so got my class one each

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's everyone's weakest topic, maybe if someone finds someone else's weakest a stronger topic they can go through and try to explain?
Cause you know... Revision while procrastinating

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=themightysandu;64775001]What's everyone's weakest topic, maybe if someone finds someone else's weakest a stronger topic they can go through and try to explain?
Cause you know... Revision while procrastinating

Posted from TSR Mobile i dont understand the urinary system :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending