The Student Room Group

Take a ****, shower, shave

AKA same **** different day aka same routine over and over. Anyone else feeling blah doing the same routine in the same city with the same people? Jesus Christ I'm about to move to UK even if I have to work at a lousy grocery store and live in a shack, I need new environment with new set of people.

Life blows when you're not rich and travelling. Does anyone actually enjoy being settled in a routine?

Scroll to see replies

Sounds like you need excitement in your life, put Netflix away and start hiding rape alarms in librarys.
Like you even bump into the same strangers, same buildings same coffee shops Tim Hortons on literally every corner can we get variety please.
Original post by Jonsmith98
Sounds like you need excitement in your life, put Netflix away and start hiding rape alarms in librarys.

People go through their whole life like this lol what is this even. I could die.
Original post by betterunderstand
canada is a big cold wasteland full of boring dull citys

move to los angeles/miami innit

Same thing you do there you can do here so........? And it's the same type of people. I want a different culture or something.
It's the fact that when you have to make a living you have to settle into a stupid ass boring ass routine. How can I make a routine exciting can you help meeee.
sounds like you need to meet some exciting people
I feel the same...

But summer is coming and I have some exciting things planned for myself (for "myself" sounds sad and lonely but oh well XD) :colondollar:
Come to the UK :tongue:

I don't think you'll get our sense of humor though!
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I feel the same...

But summer is coming and I have some exciting things planned for myself (for "myself" sounds sad and lonely but oh well XD) :colondollar:

How do you make your routine exciting. And what are you doin this summer?
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Come to the UK :tongue:

I don't think you'll get our sense of humor though!

That sounds amazing and refreshing
Take a train to the other side of the city and wander around, dance like an ape in the street cuz no one will remember you
Original post by xobeauty
How do you make your routine exciting. And what are you doin this summer?

Well I have a few talks I want to go to in London, I'm visiting some places, I'm meeting up with a good friend and we'll be doing some things too. I have a whole list of books to go through, I may go on holiday with my family. I also want to see some plays.

Do things that make you happy?
Just do random ****. I got fed up of routine when I was working and so every few weekends instead of just stayin home on games and **** I'd go to the train station and just decide there and then where to go and walk around. Had I not needed to save up a lot of money, I probably would have also had trips to more exciting places and probably gone abroad haha.

Also find hobbies and things that excite you.

The prospect of going back into routine work terrifies me as well because it is quite dull and montonous but this is a) why you need to find something you love and b) need to make an effort to explore your passions and pursue them

That sounds amazing and refreshing

Well you'd be laughing at how you didn't understand our jokes so I suppose it would work out ok.

Just try to avoid the chavs (do you have these in Canada?) and you'll have a good time.
AKA same **** different day aka same routine over and over. Anyone else feeling blah doing the same routine in the same city with the same people? Jesus Christ I'm about to move to UK even if I have to work at a lousy grocery store and live in a shack, I need new environment with new set of people.

Life blows when you're not rich and travelling. Does anyone actually enjoy being settled in a routine?

I love routine!
Reply 15
this is my life
Wait-- women take a **** in the morning? I am disillusioned.
Original post by Camilli
Wait-- women take a **** in the morning? I am disillusioned.

Yeah we fart and pee too. And when we're on our periods - we get bloody jelly coming out of our vaginas. Soz if that disgusts you - but we're human too.
Original post by Inexorably
Just do random ****. I got fed up of routine when I was working and so every few weekends instead of just stayin home on games and **** I'd go to the train station and just decide there and then where to go and walk around. Had I not needed to save up a lot of money, I probably would have also had trips to more exciting places and probably gone abroad haha.

Also find hobbies and things that excite you.

The prospect of going back into routine work terrifies me as well because it is quite dull and montonous but this is a) why you need to find something you love and b) need to make an effort to explore your passions and pursue them

I would SO do this but I always get scared I'm going to get lost on my way back? :redface:
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Well you'd be laughing at how you didn't understand our jokes so I suppose it would work out ok.

Just try to avoid the chavs (do you have these in Canada?) and you'll have a good time.

Yeah we aren't from a different world just a bit of a different culture

Quick Reply