The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Noodlzzz
Unconditional offer from Kingston to study MSc Clinical psychology!

PSROM. :hugs: Congratulations.

-----------------

Feeling pretty bad atm. Trying to ignore the voices but it's really just pointless because they're never going to go away.
Feeling pretty crappy right now. Emotions are all over the place. This last week of uni is really getting to me as my assignments are all nearly due in. Cant cope. got exam results back which are worse than what i expected but i still passed which is a plus...?? i know i can complete them all in time but something is telling me that i wont... :/

:woo: congratulations!

--

Have had the worse day I've had for awhile. Really fed up with college and have decided I'm going to not go to a certain class of mine next week at least. I need to put my mental health first and it seems like people just aren't getting it because I'm struggling and they can see it yet they seem to not give a ****.
Hilarious isn't it how everyone suddenly disappears when you stop pretending to smile and actually need them. such is life i guess :/
And @Deyesy thank you for your lovely pm :hugs: will reply later tonight x
hope everyone is well :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hilarious isn't it how everyone suddenly disappears when you stop pretending to smile and actually need them. such is life i guess :/
And @Deyesy thank you for your lovely pm :hugs: will reply later tonight x
hope everyone is well :smile:

There's no rush :hugs: I'm going to be stuck by my laptop until 1am-ish I'd of thought revising for this exam on Friday :colonhash:

**** yeah, Noodlzzz! :five: That's really awesome go you!
Pushed my boundaries today, and really seem to be working with the anxiety. Feel drained now though
Original post by Ezme39
Pushed my boundaries today, and really seem to be working with the anxiety. Feel drained now though

That's great, well done :smile:

Pushing boundaries can be really challenging but it's great you managed it. Keep trying and you can conquer this anxiety!

Awesome, congrats! I study at Kingston now, it's a really nice uni, you'd have fun there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm due to go back to my hometown this weekend but I'm having mixed thoughts about it. I love my family and I'm looking forward to seeing them (and my pets who my mum is looking after til my partner and I get a bigger place) but I have a lot of bad memories of my hometown so I'm dreading it and feeling anxious at the same time. It probably doesn't help that two of the people who harassed me live in the same street as my mum who'll I be staying with; although neither of them have said/done anything to me for a few years.

I'm considering applying for a masters starting in September which is related to a field I'm interested in working in. I meet the entry requirements and also doing/have done relevant volunteering and part time courses. I am worried that I might not be able to cope with it: although I was also concerned about working again and Ive been doing that for just over a month with no major problems. I do feel a lot better now compared to how I was last year shortly after my breakdown but I think I'm going to stay on my meds or at least try a lower dose rather than go completely off them like I did in the past.
Been arguing with my mum quite a lot recently (like this past week) because what I wanna do with my life isn't something she agrees with (even though it's not even bad)
Woke up this morning to find my phone confiscated and swapped out for a brick
I don't understand why she can't just have a conversation with me and she just swaps my phone out like what the **** :cry:
Just had a physical fight with my dad :cry2:
Feel horrible tbh, so many palpitations and feel physically sick with anxiety :redface:
and @Midnightmemories what your friend did is awful, noone especially someone as lovely as you should be treated like that :hugs: x
Reply 373
someone please remind me why i do my job?
spoilered for abuse talk and violent behaviour

Spoiler

Papa got a phone call at 2am from the transplant team, they have told him to be on alert today and have his bag ready for hospital! He'll know for sure if he's getting the op later on today but it's looking promising. Best news I've ever woke up to! We are all a mix of nerves, excited and everything else under the sun!

Can barely type this message from happy tears and nerves :laugh: will keep you all updated :hugs:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Papa got a phone call at 2am from the transplant team, they have told him to be on alert today and have his bag ready for hospital! He'll know for sure if he's getting the op later on today but it's looking promising. Best news I've ever woke up to! We are all a mix of nerves, excited and everything else under the sun!

Can barely type this message from happy tears and nerves :laugh: will keep you all updated :hugs:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope it goes well!

-----
I'm so confused
Had a hospital appointment yesterday, they prescribed me peroxetine for something unrelated but said it should help depression side too. My mum said I wasn't depressed, he said I quite clearly was. Then they didn't have it so said get my gp to prescribe but he won't cus it's not allowed any more or something so given me sertraline (sp?) which should do the same thing but he doesn't know about MH stuff and I should have said but couldn't because my mum was there trying to explain stuff as I can't talk to people well. And confused about it all anyway and too tired and ill and don't know what to do. Also got told off for losing weight again for the third time in two days which is just ****. I don't even know if this makes sense, sorry for anyone trying to read it. So much more to it than that but just needed to vent a bit :/
But yeah, anyone been on sertraline? :redface:
Original post by furryface12

-----
I'm so confused
Had a hospital appointment yesterday, they prescribed me peroxetine for something unrelated but said it should help depression side too. My mum said I wasn't depressed, he said I quite clearly was. Then they didn't have it so said get my gp to prescribe but he won't cus it's not allowed any more or something so given me sertraline (sp?) which should do the same thing but he doesn't know about MH stuff and I should have said but couldn't because my mum was there trying to explain stuff as I can't talk to people well. And confused about it all anyway and too tired and ill and don't know what to do. Also got told off for losing weight again for the third time in two days which is just ****. I don't even know if this makes sense, sorry for anyone trying to read it. So much more to it than that but just needed to vent a bit :/

:jumphug:

I've been on Sertraline on and off (they put me on Venlafaxine for no good reason for about 6 months at one point, grrr) for almost 5 years. It's been quite effective for me in stabilising my mood, without cutting off my ability to feel or anything.

My current psychiatrist (who is very intelligent. I mean, all psychs must be intelligent, but she is ESPECIALLY intelligent) once said to me that if she had to take an antidepressant herself, Sertraline would be her drug of choice :yep:

Try it and see how you go. Any questions, do feel free to PM. I'm not really around here much atm xxx
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:jumphug:

I've been on Sertraline on and off (they put me on Venlafaxine for no good reason for about 6 months at one point, grrr) for almost 5 years. It's been quite effective for me in stabilising my mood, without cutting off my ability to feel or anything.

My current psychiatrist (who is very intelligent. I mean, all psychs must be intelligent, but she is ESPECIALLY intelligent) once said to me that if she had to take an antidepressant herself, Sertraline would be her drug of choice :yep:

Try it and see how you go. Any questions, do feel free to PM. I'm not really around here much atm xxx

Thanks, will give it a go :s-smilie: not sure what to do about anything tbh but guess it could help one of them at least. Glad it's helped you, hope you're doing okay :hugs:
Original post by furryface12
Hope it goes well!

-----
I'm so confused

Spoiler

I'm on Sertraline! Been on it for about 3 months now. I think it has helped a tiny bit but my body was definitely not a fan of a high dose so it was lowered again. Good luck with it!

--------

Had my appointment with IAPT this morning. Was alright, just asked me a few questions and filled a questionnaire out. I forgot how hard talking to people about personal stuff is. He asked me if I was heterosexual and I said yes (I'm not :tongue:). Don't know why I didn't say no.
(edited 7 years ago)
Whispering is back. :cry2:

I don't know if it's because I was up for about 40 hours straight then got next to no sleep last night either. I'm hoping that's the problem. :frown: I've been trying to relax since I got here but for reasons I don't know, I just can't. Been taking a lot of klonopin the past 3 days which has helped but everytime it wears off I'm all stressed and unable to relax again.

Meant to be writing an essay I volunteered for but it's difficult....the words don't flow and I'm having a lot of trouble concentrating. Not to mention the work I'm meant to be doing for my summer class and an extremely important exam I have in July.

Latest