The Student Room Group

Solomon Papers

Just a general question about the Solomon papers

Ive been working my way through them for c1 revision - exam next week! Yikes.

Is it just me or are they harder?!

Some of the questions I find relatively straight forward but some of them are really horrible and I would never think that that would be the answer after looking at the mark scheme - which is a bit scary.

Is it worth doing them or should I concentrate on past edexcel papers from now on...?
Original post by christinajane
Just a general question about the Solomon papers

Ive been working my way through them for c1 revision - exam next week! Yikes.

Is it just me or are they harder?!

Some of the questions I find relatively straight forward but some of them are really horrible and I would never think that that would be the answer after looking at the mark scheme - which is a bit scary.

Is it worth doing them or should I concentrate on past edexcel papers from now on...?

I would do the actual papers first
Reply 2
Original post by christinajane

I would concentrate on the actual papers.
Will try and get a few past papers in today then and time myself.

The solomon ones are ok been averaging between 52 and 59 - but sometimes I cant answer all the questions because I have no idea.

The hard ones I find are the arithmetic sequences questions they do! As Im sure you've noticed because I have asked a lot of questions about those types the last few days!

I always get mixed up between when to use the sum of formula or not -

and I always forget about the a+(n-1)d formula which comes in pretty handy!
(edited 7 years ago)
they're supposed to be harder

Posted from TSR Mobile
is it worth doing them or is it better to just keep going over the actual past papers ?
Reply 6
Original post by nihil_nimis
is it worth doing them or is it better to just keep going over the actual past papers ?

Actual papers.
The actual papers are much easier - been finishing the with about half an hour left!

Hope y actual exam is like that and nerves dont get the better of me!

Quick Reply

Latest