The Student Room Group

I'm really scared and panicking

My first exam is RS on Monday. I've revised over half of the course, and I've already completed a module last year, in which I got an A*. My second exam is double award biology unit 1 on tuesday, and I'm confident that I'll get at least an A. I did unit 1 chemistrt last year and got an A*, and i got A*s in my bio and chem controlled assessments. And I'm still really really scared.

Altogether I'm sitting 17 exams in the next 6 weeks. 4 of them are english exams, and english is my best subject so I'm confident I'll get at least an A in those as well. But I still had a panic attack earlier.

Usually, I cram and get good marks. That's the way I've always done it. But I can't shake the feeling that I've left it too late, that I'll have a breakdown and be hospitalised in the middle of my exams because I can't cope anymore. I know I've done sort of enough revision, I probably should've done more but I have time. Yet at this point, I'd rather die than do GCSEs. I'm so exhausted and stressed and I just want to have a good night's sleep but I need to revise or I'll fail.

This is more of a vent than a question, but if you have any advice I'd gladly accept that!!
Hey rflxvvrbs,

Please ignore the above comment!

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry so much! You've done really well so far, so there's no reason why you can't do just as well this time! You've been doing lots of revision, so you shouldn't have too much trouble in the exams. Take a little break to calm yourself down, and then try to prioritise your revision in order of importance (I know how tempting it is to 'revise' the things you already know because doing that boosts your confidence, however it's important to focus on what you don't know/are weak on instead as the exams get closer). You can do it! :hugs:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
You might be panicking and just wanting to make sure you've revised enough but sleep is another important and key element in being able to learn. You'll find you will get better grades if you try to stop panicking and get enough sleep.
I understand you perfectly, I feel stressed and overloaded with work. But I guess its part of being a student and life. Plus, don't panic so much, A levels are way much harder, in a years time we'll be saying "I wish i was sitting my gcse's this year"
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Lmao what til you get to A levels :badger:
I have RS on Monday too, and I only started revising for it yesterday... :facepalm:
Original post by Dammio
are you dumb, obviously this guys looking for attention

Back off!!! That was uncalled for!
They were just being helpful! No need to insult them!!
Reply 7
Original post by FireFreezer77
Back off!!! That was uncalled for!
They were just being helpful! No need to insult them!!

they are being tricked...
Original post by Dammio
they are being tricked...

I doubt it!
Theres still no need to insult them!!
Reply 9
im not trying to trick anyone I'm sorry. Thank you everyone
Reply 10
I doubt it!
Theres still no need to insult them!!

I haven't even insulted anyone yet?
Original post by Dammio
I haven't even insulted anyone yet?

Yeah you have!
Reply 12
Yeah you have!

how?
Reply 13
Original post by Dammio
how?

you're annoying, do you know that?
Original post by Dammio
how?

You called them dumb!
Plus they told me that you offended them!
Theyre actually extremely intelligent fyi!
Original post by rflxvvrbs
My first exam is RS on Monday. I've revised over half of the course, and I've already completed a module last year, in which I got an A*. My second exam is double award biology unit 1 on tuesday, and I'm confident that I'll get at least an A. I did unit 1 chemistrt last year and got an A*, and i got A*s in my bio and chem controlled assessments. And I'm still really really scared.

Altogether I'm sitting 17 exams in the next 6 weeks. 4 of them are english exams, and english is my best subject so I'm confident I'll get at least an A in those as well. But I still had a panic attack earlier.

Usually, I cram and get good marks. That's the way I've always done it. But I can't shake the feeling that I've left it too late, that I'll have a breakdown and be hospitalised in the middle of my exams because I can't cope anymore. I know I've done sort of enough revision, I probably should've done more but I have time. Yet at this point, I'd rather die than do GCSEs. I'm so exhausted and stressed and I just want to have a good night's sleep but I need to revise or I'll fail.

This is more of a vent than a question, but if you have any advice I'd gladly accept that!!

I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but GCSEs are easy, and if you're getting A*s you're obviously very clever. Honestly, if it really came to it, and you had the ability - which you clearly do - you could learn a whole unit of GCSE yourself in a day and manage an A or an A*. So you absolutely have enough time, and from the sounds of it you've already done a lot of revision anyway.

Just relax. It seems like you've already done more revision than 99% of people bother with, you have a decent amount of time left and you've already got some amazing results that, if the worst comes to the absolute worst, will bring your overall grades up. The only thing that could make this go badly is not getting enough sleep before the exams. So try not to worry about it (I know it's harder than it sounds) because you've got this. Focus on sleeping properly, and don't be tempted to give up sleep for more revision.
Reply 16
Original post by j4nine
you're annoying, do you know that?

I have more rep on that post then anyone else on this thread...
Reply 17
You called them dumb!
Plus they told me that you offended them!
Theyre actually extremely intelligent fyi!

If you read it again, you will notice I didn't actually called them dumb, I questioned their intelligence, I never called them nor do I believe they are dumb.
Original post by Dammio
just a pussy looking for attention

Lol :smile:
Original post by Dammio
If you read it again, you will notice I didn't actually called them dumb, I questioned their intelligence, I never called them nor do I believe they are dumb.

Well they were still insulted by your comment. I would appreciate it if you were to apologize to them.
I get on really well with them so id appreciate that!!
They are extremely intelligent.

Quick Reply

Latest