The Student Room Group

What do I do? Help?

Basically I'm having a little problem with my girlfriend.

We're both students, and we've been living together for the past 6 months, not continuously, because my house is only 20 mins from uni, I met her last year, and we started going out etc. Then I started staying at her place couple of days a week, and then I just stayed at hers all the time.

Since I have met her, she hasn't paid for one thing.

I pay for dates
I pay for food
I pay for taxis
I pay for everything.
When she needs something I go get it.

She has never ever paid for anything since we have been going out, she hasn't spent a penny.
For her birthday I got her a MacBook Air £1000
And for my birthday She got me a aftershave.

She obviously pays £400 a month rent for her flat as she got it before she met me.

Now I don't work or anything I'm just a student.

I don't mind paying for everything,

But today she said she wants £100 for shopping and I said no I can't we will go some other day, atm I have things to pay for so need the money.

So am I wrong?

I haven't let her spend any money on anything?

We go out all the time, we eat out all the time,
Sometimes go to restaurants like two or three times a week.

She doesn't cook

After I said no we will go next week she's being in a mood with me?

I don't understand why?

I spend more than 200/300 a week just on food and going out and dates.

So am I in the wrong for saying no at this moment?
Sweden called. It's offering you a position at the Ministry of Cuckery
Post a pic of your girlfriends boobs and I'll see how I can help
Original post by Anonymous

Sounds like you got to the point where you do...
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I'm having a little problem with my girlfriend.

We're both students, and we've been living together for the past 6 months, not continuously, because my house is only 20 mins from uni, I met her last year, and we started going out etc. Then I started staying at her place couple of days a week, and then I just stayed at hers all the time.

Since I have met her, she hasn't paid for one thing.

I pay for dates
I pay for food
I pay for taxis
I pay for everything.
When she needs something I go get it.

She has never ever paid for anything since we have been going out, she hasn't spent a penny.
For her birthday I got her a MacBook Air £1000
And for my birthday She got me a aftershave.

She obviously pays £400 a month rent for her flat as she got it before she met me.

Now I don't work or anything I'm just a student.

But today she said she wants £100 for shopping and I said no I can't we will go some other day, atm I have things to pay for so need the money.

So am I wrong?

I haven't let her spend any money on anything?

We go out all the time, we eat out all the time,
Sometimes go to restaurants like two or three times a week.

She doesn't cook

After I said no we will go next week she's being in a mood with me?

I don't understand why?

I spend more than 200/300 a week just on food and going out and dates.

So am I in the wrong for saying no at this moment?

No, you didn't say anything unreasonable, in fact you were way nicer about it then most wouldve been. Honestly, she sounds like shes taking advantage and not even appreciating it considering she got moody after you delayed for one week. Personally, I barely let someone pay for the meal without a debate, and she's emptying your wallet. You need to talk to her about this, it'll probably only get worse if you dont.
Reply 5
She's taking advantage of you, talk to her about this.
It's because you've allowed her to do this.
Lol you do realise iits all dysfunctional. you are spending all that money and you are a student? Gow cna you afford her on student loans or you have independent means?

Youve let it happen. Why dont you have a word and decide who pays what, rent, bills shopping etc. You sound as though you are going to get leeched or deep into debt. Split the rent, dont eat out unless you can afford it, learn to cook etc. She's in the wrong but probably becayse she relaises she pays the rent and you are a fool for letting it get so out of control. Macbook air indeed.
Reply 8
I'm sorry to say but she's taking advantage of you. I think its important that in a relationship you both help eachother out when you can.
What i suggest is sitting down and talking to her about it and just explaining how you feel. If she doesn't like it well i'm sorry but i would say i cant have somebody taking advantage of me and my money, we are both students, we both struggle.
Original post by Tiger Rag
It's because you've allowed her to do this.

this ^

she's clearly out of order and she is clearly taking advantage but you are letting her by saying you 'don't mind' paying for everything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending