The Student Room Group

AQA Theatre Studies AS exam thread- 16th of May

Hey I know there aren't many of us but I just thought it would be good to create a thread where we can help each other out. Share advice, tips and feelings down below :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StressedCoffee
Hey I know there isn't many of us but I just thought it would be good to create a thread where we can help each other out. Share advice, tips and feelings down below :smile:

Yes please help any predictions for a dolls house essay? or review tips?
Any predictions for Antigone would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by lilydavison6
Yes please help any predictions for a dolls house essay? or review tips?

Last year there was a question on Dr Rank and another on Nora and Mrs Linde. My teacher said it's unlikely there would be another on Rank. Other than that It really could be anything. Personally I'm hoping for a good actor question for Krogstad.

For Live review really aim to include four moments, reference style and genre and production aims throughout and always put audience response and the mood/atmosphere at the end of each moment.
Last year there was a question on Dr Rank and another on Nora and Mrs Linde. My teacher said it's unlikely there would be another on Rank. Other than that It really could be anything. Personally I'm hoping for a good actor question for Krogstad.

For Live review really aim to include four moments, reference style and genre and production aims throughout and always put audience response and the mood/atmosphere at the end of each moment.

Ah thank you so much! same i hope its Krogstad, although I'm thinking it may be nora for the performing question as last year she was in the directorial question instead. I just hope its not mrs linde
I hate director questions but if you think about it Mrs linde can be good to write about but she's definitely not my first choice.
I hate director questions but if you think about it Mrs linde can be good to write about but she's definitely not my first choice.

Yeh but thats thing i wouldn't really know what to say about her, like other than she's different to nora
Well depending on the act you can talk about her mysterious past that could cause the audience to be suspicious and wary of her, her suspicion of Nora and Dr rank having an affair and how that would have been inappropriate in the 19th century. Her exchange with krogstad revealed a lot about her as well :smile:
Reply 8
I did this exam last year and got a strong A :smile:

I was thinking for last year that Rank or Krogstad would come up so for you guys I imagine Krogstad may (maybe to show his manipulation of Nora?) any last minute tips needed give me a shout
Original post by amelia may
Any predictions for Antigone would be much appreciated :smile:

I'm not sure about this one but I feel like it may be between:
Haemon and Creon
Antigone, Ismene and Creon before A is killed
The end scene

What do you think?
What productions is everyone writing about? Predictions for part A?
Original post by joannaawhitee
I'm not sure about this one but I feel like it may be between:
Haemon and Creon
Antigone, Ismene and Creon before A is killed
The end scene

What do you think?

I'm hoping for the end scene !!
I'm hoping for the end scene !!

Yeah I either want the end scene or Haemon and Creon! How confident are you feeling for it ?
Yeah I either want the end scene or Haemon and Creon! How confident are you feeling for it ?

not 100% confident but hoping final revision today will help :smile: How are you feeling about it ??
not 100% confident but hoping final revision today will help :smile: How are you feeling about it ??

Yeah idk nervous but whatever it should be okay - what productions have you seen!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah idk nervous but whatever it should be okay - what productions have you seen!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen:
a production of Robin Hood
Private Lives
The Odyssey
and Hamlet at the RSC
what about you ??
Original post by eddso
I did this exam last year and got a strong A :smile:

I was thinking for last year that Rank or Krogstad would come up so for you guys I imagine Krogstad may (maybe to show his manipulation of Nora?) any last minute tips needed give me a shout

Hey, a question on Krogstad would be perfect for me so fingers crossed. Is there anything that a lot of people forget to include in their answer that I should be aware about?
Reply 17
Hey, a question on Krogstad would be perfect for me so fingers crossed. Is there anything that a lot of people forget to include in their answer that I should be aware about?

The main things to remember to include is DETAIL - make the examiner really see what you are directing/peforming! Where are you in the stage space/ what is your posture/ your expression/ tone of voice/ gesture etc. But don't go into excessive detail ie don't go on about how you will "furrow your brow" and "curl your lips"...an "angry expression" will do fine! Context is useful but only if it's purposeful - no point having a massive into paragraph of history for no reason..it wastes time and gets no marks! Costume is a good place to use context in order to justify etc or with character motives etc - just make sure your context is used to justify what you are doing. And style - this is a naturalistic play so add in a line or two about subtext or inner monologues etc
Original post by eddso
The main things to remember to include is DETAIL - make the examiner really see what you are directing/peforming! Where are you in the stage space/ what is your posture/ your expression/ tone of voice/ gesture etc. But don't go into excessive detail ie don't go on about how you will "furrow your brow" and "curl your lips"...an "angry expression" will do fine! Context is useful but only if it's purposeful - no point having a massive into paragraph of history for no reason..it wastes time and gets no marks! Costume is a good place to use context in order to justify etc or with character motives etc - just make sure your context is used to justify what you are doing. And style - this is a naturalistic play so add in a line or two about subtext or inner monologues etc

Thank you so much! This is really helpful :smile:
Does anyone have any predictions for live theatre? I know it's a little hard to gage. Also how many quotes for live theatre have people been told to use?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending