The Student Room Group

Do you believe in God?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sh9
Yes. I've always been conscious of God, but I've never been religious or taken a genuine interest in learning more up until this year.

Last year I had a lot of questions that consumed my thoughts every single day, such as the reasons for our existence, the entire universe etc. I eventually spent a lot of time researching, looked into different religions and made up my mind. I found the answers I needed to know.

Everyone has their own beliefs (or lack thereof) and experiences. From my personal experience, my life has improved SO much since I started acknowledging God and seeking help through patience and prayer. I haven't felt grief since.
I can't explain it in the way I want to, but my life has drastically improved in so many ways.

Why do you believe in God then? How has it improved your life?
Love the fact that you are discussing about God and concurrently having a semi-naked woman as your profile picture.
Reply 22
I believe in God, but I'm not religious.
Original post by CheeseFries
Love the fact that you are discussing about God and concurrently having a semi-naked woman as your profile picture.

Why is that an issue?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why would I believe and worship something that was written over 2000 years ago, and hasn't been adapted to suit modern times? Also, I don't like looking like an idiot when I pray to the air, there is no proof that God exists, all proof that has been discovered is against God existing. In this kind of world, seeing really is believing.
Reply 25
Yessss, I do!

Original post by Zargabaath
nope

really?
Original post by spv
really?

yep
Original post by ciaranh98
Why would I believe and worship something that was written over 2000 years ago, and hasn't been adapted to suit modern times? Also, I don't like looking like an idiot when I pray to the air, there is no proof that God exists, all proof that has been discovered is against God existing. In this kind of world, seeing really is believing.

Yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lNurl
I believe in God, but I'm not religious.

How so?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CheeseFries

Only certain versions of God would have an issue with that, not all.
Reply 30
poll?

yes
Original post by z33
poll?

yes

How do I add a poll?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by davidguettafan
How do I add a poll?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i believe it would be in tools next to the page numbers up there? ^^^
i believe in some form of higher being(s) BUT I don't conform to any religion...
Yes I don't believe that this earth came about as chance SOMEONE must have created it. Also I can't believe our purpose is to live then die there must be a purpose for us.
Original post by homeland.lsw
i believe in some form of higher being(s) BUT I don't conform to any religion...

I thought you were Muslim or am I confusing you with someone else? :s-smilie:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I thought you were Muslim or am I confusing you with someone else? :s-smilie:

Nope! If I had to be religious, I am greek Orthodox Christian. ^_^
Reply 37

I kind of beluve that there is a higher being, but I don't follow my religion, do rituals or pray.

There are some things that I/science cannot explain yet, so I cannot deny God. I don't know maybe what I think as God is more powerful civilisation, or aliens....
Original post by lNurl
I kind of beluve that there is a higher being, but I don't follow my religion, do rituals or pray.

There are some things that I/science cannot explain yet, so I cannot deny God. I don't know maybe what I think as God is more powerful civilisation, or aliens....

So you believe in aliens?
Reply 39
So you believe in aliens?

Yes I do :smile: I think they exist. (Was it the wrong answer?)

Quick Reply

Latest