The Student Room Group

Views on veganism / vegeterianism

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
1. No, whole work should continue consumption of whatever they want.

2. Thanks to emotionally weak individuals we are not even allowed to express honest opinions before getting it labed as discrimination.

3. I <3 meat!!! Especially lamb! :h:
Original post by lNurl

2. Thanks to emotionally weak individuals we are not even allowed to express honest opinions before getting it labed as discrimination.

Lamb curry :coma:
Original post by FredOrJohn
Its difficult to say who is "struggling" - sometimes the "mighty oak" snaps when the wind blows but "grass" just bends and carries on.
That's one of my favourites among Aesop's Fables.
Reply 123
Original post by WoodyMKC
Lamb curry :coma:

yeeeeeeeeees :colone:
I would not be surprised if there is a future of no meat.

By future I mean 100s of years after I die.

Infact we'll probably be couch potatoes sitting with a VR headset on in a fake world ignoring our destroyed world from a Nuclear WW3
Original post by lNurl

'The whole world should consume whatever they want' is a very irresponsible position to hold.
Reply 126
Original post by dairychocolate
'The whole world should consume whatever they want' is a very irresponsible position to hold.

What should we do?? Not allow people to eat chicken or beef?
Then poor vegetables, maybe they have souls too???
Original post by lNurl
What should we do?? Not allow people to eat chicken or beef?

I never said to ban eating meat, did I? Meat production also leads to mass deforestation and a number of other issues like a huge carbon footprint.

People eating whatever they want without taking responsibility for the environment and the planet they live on is irresponsible.

Vegetables have no sentience.

Regardless, I wasn't talking about it from an animal rights perspective, although that is also a big problem. Some of the abuse of animals is horrific, and I say that as a meat eater.
Reply 128
I never said to ban eating meat, did I? Meat production also leads to mass deforestation and a number of other issues like a huge carbon footprint.

People eating whatever they want without taking responsibility for the environment and the planet they live on is irresponsible.

Vegetables have no sentience.

Regardless, I wasn't talking about it from an animal rights perspective, although that is also a big problem. Some of the abuse of animals is horrific, and I say that as a meat eater.

Ok, that was a bit bad response from me.

I see your point, but supply and demand will regulate itself. Its just going to be higher priced.
Original post by lNurl

I think it's rather funny when people use this, since meat uses more plants (the animals eat the plants) than eating the plants themselves.

Though plants can 'communicate'... http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141111-plants-have-a-hidden-internet
Reply 130
Original post by TheBirder
I think it's rather funny when people use this, since meat uses more plants (the animals eat the plants) than eating the plants themselves.

Though plants can 'communicate'... http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141111-plants-have-a-hidden-internet

It was sarcastic from my side :wink:
Original post by lNurl
It was sarcastic from my side :wink:

You never can tell with the internet... :dots:
Reply 132
Original post by TheBirder
You never can tell with the internet... :dots:

Sorry :colone:
interesting answers from a few people - just a quick look on this thread as it looked interesting :smile: my friends vegan lets call her A and she's got all this `animal rights campaigning` going which she wants to do which irritates me a bit b/c she makes posters about it and posts them through people's mail boxes about views on meat eating etc.
I am completely against forcing your beliefs on people, as well as posting them through mailboxes - i deliver newspapers for my paper round and she asked me to put the posters in the newspapers. I said no because Ididn't want to get sacked :frown: I think she wrote to the council or somewhere about animal rights and went to a protest against the GRAND NATIONAL because it is against the `horses animal rights`. Yes animals should be protected up to extent but sometimes it can be a bit extreme. do people realise humans evolved through meat and eating other animals (not sure on the facts so sorry if my facts aren't correct). unless they don't believe in evolution that is.
i'm not entirely sure but A definitely uses medicine's etc, if they're ill too - my dad said they were a hypocrite if they're using medicine because some medications such as Calpol or paracetamol may not be vegan and they're campaigning against animal rights? it doesn't really make sense tbh
Original post by bizzy_penguin
interesting answers from a few people - just a quick look on this thread as it looked interesting :smile: my friends vegan lets call her A and she's got all this `animal rights campaigning` going which she wants to do which irritates me a bit b/c she makes posters about it and posts them through people's mail boxes about views on meat eating etc.
I am completely against forcing your beliefs on people, as well as posting them through mailboxes - i deliver newspapers for my paper round and she asked me to put the posters in the newspapers. I said no because Ididn't want to get sacked :frown: I think she wrote to the council or somewhere about animal rights and went to a protest against the GRAND NATIONAL because it is against the `horses animal rights`. Yes animals should be protected up to extent but sometimes it can be a bit extreme. do people realise humans evolved through meat and eating other animals (not sure on the facts so sorry if my facts aren't correct). unless they don't believe in evolution that is.
i'm not entirely sure but A definitely uses medicine's etc, if they're ill too - my dad said they were a hypocrite if they're using medicine because some medications such as Calpol or paracetamol may not be vegan and they're campaigning against animal rights? it doesn't really make sense tbh

You mean unless they are idiots?

However the argument of 'humans evolved eating meat' really doesn't work. Humans also evolved hunting for that meat, and also eating *far* less than modern humans do. Have a look at this article, from what I would say is a reputable source, ScientificAmerican http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/human-ancestors-were-nearly-all-vegetarians/
Also, early humans evolved with huge levels of infant mortality, and pathetically low life expediencies at birth.
To each their own.
Original post by WoodyMKC
As long as you don't try and force your views upon me then I don't have any problem.

"WoodyMKC Worst of the TSR Industry"
I am Vegan and i think that killing an
Animals is just wrong. Whats the point? We can get all our nutrients from plants. theres more proteon in broccoli than there is in a bit of beef. Killing aninals is wrong. They have feeligs. They shouldnt be take away from their babies/mothers. The milk industry is absolutely horiffic. 'Not you mum, not your milk.'

Also, its a helluva lot healthier for you!!
So yeah. That's my views on veganism.

Agree
Original post by TheFarmerLad
"WoodyMKC Worst of the TSR Industry"

LOL'd.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending