The Student Room Group

Is this similar to A level maths in the UK (romanian BAC) ?

'Aratati'' means prove that, ''determinati'' = find/find out.

Reply 1
Anyone speaks Romanian?
:biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by M14B
Anyone speaks Romanian?
:biggrin:

I thought it'd be easy to figure out because of the maths part being universal? I posted this on a US forum and they said SAT level students would barely be able to do the easiest problems in it.
Original post by Erebor

Looks quite similar.
Reply 4
Original post by Erebor

Seems like it covers content from C1-4, FP1-3 but not in very much depth with some parts being slightly different to A-Level but it seems to lack any of the other modules that A-Level has M1-5, S1-4, etc...

A good maths student should find the first and third section(?) fairly trivial although some of the terminology and symbols are different.
Original post by Erebor
I thought it'd be easy to figure out because of the maths part being universal? I posted this on a US forum and they said SAT level students would barely be able to do the easiest problems in it.

What do you mean 'SAT' level? The SAT is a college entrance exam, not sure how there's a level for this. It barely covers UK GCSE content.
Original post by Zacken
Seems like it covers content from C1-4, FP1-3 but not in very much depth with some parts being slightly different to A-Level but it seems to lack any of the other modules that A-Level has M1-5, S1-4, etc...

A good maths student should find the first and third section(?) fairly trivial although some of the terminology and symbols are different.

I assume this is not the only paper they take.
Reply 7
Original post by zetamcfc
I assume this is not the only paper they take.

I think it is the only maths paper they take, the others will be sciences/computer science/whatever.
Original post by Zacken
I think it is the only maths paper they take, the others will be sciences/computer science/whatever.

Ah ok, well if they have a Uni system like the US then it is understandable. Considering how easy the maths part of the SAT is.
Reply 9
Original post by zetamcfc
Ah ok, well if they have a Uni system like the US then it is understandable. Considering how easy the maths part of the SAT is.

Actually from what I understand, their education system is quite... different to the US and UK. From what I've heard, there's a system of you having to go to a "professional" or "vocational" school depending on your grades, I'm not entirely sure.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
Actually from what I understand, their education system is quite... different to the US and UK. From what I've heard, you take exams and if you do well, you can go into a "professional school/uni" otherwise it's off to "vocational school/uni" to you with no choice excepting one resit. But I've likely muddled up the details so perhaps the OP can clarify if he/she feels inclined to.

Well at Uni I find Eastern Europeans by far the most competent in rigor so what you say is probably true.

Quick Reply

Latest