The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Teesside September 2016 Starters Mega-Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone! Just received unconditional offer last week, will starts at September. Which accommodation do others normally recommend? I am an international student and flying more than 7000 miles away from home for the first time so kind of nervous to start over at a new place.
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by ilovesushi
Hello everyone! Just received unconditional offer last week, will starts at September. Which accommodation do others normally recommend? I am an international student and flying more than 7000 miles away from home for the first time so kind of nervous to start over at a new place.

Hey I would not recommend the uni accommodations but linthorpe hall which is a private hall is really good I applied to that one with all girls if that's what u want😊
Reply 62

Wow hey! Welcome! What course are you studying? I'll be in Central Halls, mainly because that's where a lot of your friends can be made and it's lovely and modern! And where have you flown from if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shinyar
Hey I would not recommend the uni accommodations but linthorpe hall which is a private hall is really good I applied to that one with all girls if that's what u want😊

I'll check it out! Thank you! :smile: Are you first year?
Original post by Soph97
Wow hey! Welcome! What course are you studying? I'll be in Central Halls, mainly because that's where a lot of your friends can be made and it's lovely and modern! And where have you flown from if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! Nice to meet you! I am a second year business student, a transferee :smile: I was thinking to apply for central halls too! Their rooms look more vibrant! Parkside halls might be the second opinion however I heard their rooms are smallest compared to others (idk if that's true).

I am from Brunei! ^^
Reply 65
I'll check it out! Thank you! :smile: Are you first year?

Yeah I'm going be a first year doing rental therapy and hygiene, let us know where u choose 😊

Any uni managed accommodation would be fine just whichever one takes you fancy but also agree with what someone else said linthorpe halls are good, more spacious rooms and also en suite :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by daniellee0
Any uni managed accommodation would be fine just whichever one takes you fancy but also agree with what someone else said linthorpe halls are good, more spacious rooms and also en suite :smile:

Hey daniellee what accommodation r u going to?
Original post by shinyar
Hey daniellee what accommodation r u going to?

East Parkside village :-)
Reply 69
East Parkside village :-)

Aw okay wat course r u doing, and I applied to linthorpe hall and when I have a confirmed room there I will cancel my woodlands hall reserved place xx
Original post by shinyar
Aw okay wat course r u doing, and I applied to linthorpe hall and when I have a confirmed room there I will cancel my woodlands hall reserved place xx

Human biology what about you?
Reply 71
Human biology what about you?

Dental therapy and hygiene
Reply 72
Have any of you got anything back about contracts yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soph97
Have any of you got anything back about contracts yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooo, have you? It takes up to 2 months though doesn't it
Reply 74
Original post by shinyar
Same I haven't had to look at the accommodation it self iv only seen pictures, I have made a Plan B and I have applied linthorpe hall private accommodation which looks so much better and I talked to them on the phone and they were really helpful, if I get a room there I will cancel my woodlands hall reservation. Linthorpe hall has about 30 room left which are all on en suit rooms.

Have you tried 1st Degree Student Accommodation, they have en suite halls for only £80 per week including all bills and internet plus you get a free ipad for signing up at the minute
Reply 75
Noooo I haven't and I don't like this waiting game xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! My name is Sophie and I'm going to be on the Concept Art course. I've had my place confirmed for central halls :smile:
Original post by shinyar
Yeah I'm going be a first year doing rental therapy and hygiene, let us know where u choose 😊

alright! Hopefully I'll meet you around campus or during orientation week ^^ Did you join any freshers' groups on Facebook for 9/2016 students?
Original post by shinyar
Same I haven't had to look at the accommodation it self iv only seen pictures, I have made a Plan B and I have applied linthorpe hall private accommodation which looks so much better and I talked to them on the phone and they were really helpful, if I get a room there I will cancel my woodlands hall reservation. Linthorpe hall has about 30 room left which are all on en suit rooms.

I'm living at Linthorpe halls come January 2017 because my corse starts later and the idea of extensive CCTV and a security guard who was lovely when I for a visit really put me at ease in terms of safety
Is linthorpe hall only available for first years? I'm in Central for my first year but the security in Linthorpe sounds a lot better than house renting for 2nd and 3rd year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending