The Student Room Group

Muslims, if your child came out as gay?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Anonymous
Homosexuality is an illness - much like Down's syndrome and autism, I would have no choice on it but I would try my best to give my child all the support I can and make sure he doesn't act on it.

No it isn't, don't be absurd, there has been endless research on it and it was concluded it isn't an illness decades ago.
that's for him or her to decide, not you. My best friend is a gay muslim who has gay sex and still considers himself a true and loving servant of allah

That's up to him. However, it's completely okay to not consider someone like him a Muslim.
So one of my cousins recently came out as a lesbian to her family after she turned down a bunch of marriage proposals. Her family are furious and have told her to move out until she chooses to marry a man because they seem to be way more worried about the community than what she wants.

My cousin is heartbroken over this and she doesn't know what to do to get them talking to her again. She's moving in with her girlfriend soon and it got me wondering, Muslims, what would you do if your child came out as gay and had a partner? Would you accept them or not?

I would feel awkward at first. Then I would read Durood e taj 7 times and read it on water and make the child drink it and make them a practising Muslim and obviously scare them a bit and make them listen Surah Rahman to scare the bajibas out of them. Yeah I would take it as an offence from the devil. Also make them listen to Surah baqarah. And ruqyah obviously. Wait this sounds so extreme of me tbh. But that's life.
Posted from TSR Mobile

LMFAO. You went all out bro.
You're an absolute ******* then, gays are awful anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded
There's no way that being gay is cool,if you're gay dont expect to have kids because adopting them is the worst thing ever. You gave up the right when you liked being a gay mess
that's for him or her to decide, not you. My best friend is a gay muslim who has gay sex and still considers himself a true and loving servant of allah

Adam and eve not Adam and steve ffs
Hah gayyyyyyyyyyyyy
Original post by Allshdhdhdbshshs
Hah gayyyyyyyyyyyyy
you is gay in denial
Reply 189
Original post by Hydeman
I'll assume that's a typo, since you already know I'm not. :tongue:

I would be accepting, though I won't deny that I would be slightly uneasy because of all that I've been conditioned to regard as 'normal' during my upbringing. But hey, principle over emotion, any day, every day. :biggrin:

Sorry yes! That's what I meant! Typo :colondollar:

Yep principle over emotion even if you won't be happy about it :redface:
Original post by ZuluK
Sorry yes! That's what I meant! Typo :colondollar:

Hehe. :tongue:

Yep principle over emotion even if you won't be happy about it :redface:

What about you? :holmes:
Reply 191
Original post by Hydeman
Hehe. :tongue:

What about you? :holmes:

I'd question them and make sure it's "not a phase" but I'd let them do their own thing. But as soon as they found a partner to move out. Which is harsh I know because I would still love them and die for them but it'd be for their protection because God knows how my family, my husbands family and even my other kids will react. I would still support them with whatever they needed!
Original post by ZuluK
I'd question them and make sure it's "not a phase" but I'd let them do their own thing. But as soon as they found a partner to move out. Which is harsh I know because I would still love them and die for them but it'd be for their protection because God knows how my family, my husbands family and even my other kids will react. I would still support them with whatever they needed!

You do get a choice in the husband/husband's family department though, unless your family insist on a socially conservative husband.

You're quite open-minded for a Muslim person, I must say. No wonder you don't visit I-Soc that often. :colone:
Reply 193
Original post by Hydeman
You do get a choice in the husband/husband's family department though, unless your family insist on a socially conservative husband.

You're quite open-minded for a Muslim person, I must say. No wonder you don't visit I-Soc that often. :colone:

I do get a choice in my husband but that doesn't mean we'll discuss homosexual children on the first date :lol:

Haha I am open-minded but not so much. Lol I do visit it. They have good quotes and it's nice to have some lift me ups. I just don't quote in it. :tongue:
Original post by ZuluK
I do get a choice in my husband but that doesn't mean we'll discuss homosexual children on the first date :lol:

You're allowed to date?! :lol: You could pick a person who has a generally liberal outlook.

Haha I am open-minded but not so much. Lol I do visit it. They have good quotes and it's nice to have some lift me ups. I just don't quote in it. :tongue:

You can probably guess what I think about the 'good quotes.' :tongue:
Reply 195
Original post by Hydeman
You're allowed to date?! :lol: You could pick a person who has a generally liberal outlook.

You can probably guess what I think about the 'good quotes.' :tongue:

Yes date! With a chaperone obviously :colondollar:

Yes but even then you never know how they're going to react to having a homosexual child? And their family's reaction!

Looool yes I can! And say nothing :tongue:
Original post by ZuluK
Yes date! With a chaperone obviously :colondollar:

That ruins it somewhat. :tongue:

Yes but even then you never know how they're going to react to having a homosexual child? And their family's reaction!

Why would their family's reaction matter, though? xD And yeah, fair point, but I was looking at it from the point of view that a generally liberal person is more likely not to have an issue with it than a socially conservative person.

Looool yes I can! And say nothing :tongue:

Something. :teehee:
Reply 197
Original post by Hydeman
That ruins it somewhat. :tongue:

Why would their family's reaction matter, though? xD And yeah, fair point, but I was looking at it from the point of view that a generally liberal person is more likely not to have an issue with it than a socially conservative person.

Something. :teehee:

:lol: nooooooo a chaperone makes it more exciting and fresh :redface:

You could have the most liberal person but there's still the fear that they won't accept certain things. It's just means they're more likely to listen and be more compassionate.

Yes.... What is that something? :holmes:
Original post by joey11223
Amen Anon!

More fool you Ivy, you and your disgusting homosexual ways, let alone your unwillingness to bow in reverence to your God. You'll regret your sinful choices (choices init) when you're cast down into Jahannam for your sodomy and disbelief!

"Over their heads will be poured out boiling water. With it will be scalded what is within their bodies, as well as (their) skins. In addition there will be maces of iron (to punish) them. Every time they wish to get away therefrom, from anguish, they will be forced back, and (it will be said), "Taste the Penalty of Burning!""

"In front of such a one is Hell, and he is given, for drink, boiling fetid water"

"Is that the better entertainment or the Tree of Zaqqum? For We have truly made it (as) a trial for the wrong-doers. It is a tree that springs out of the bottom of Hell-Fire. The shoots of its fruit-stalks are like the heads of devils. Truly they will eat thereof and fill their bellies therewith. Then on top of that they will be given a mixture made of boiling water. Then shall their return be to the (Blazing) Fire."

"Verily, the tree of deadly fruit will be the food of the sinful. Like molten lead will it boil in the belly, like the boiling of burning despair."

"And those who followed would say: 'If only We had one more chance...' Thus will Allah show them (the fruits of) their deeds as (nothing but) regrets. Nor will there be a way for them out of the Fire."

You and your kind will suffer this eternal torment for your sins! The Muslims who accept their children engaging in homosexual relations and destroying the ideals of marriage with same sex unions, truly you are supporting actions most sinful, surely they shall be cast into the fire, do you wish to risk your own fate?

#Religionofpeace
#Mostbeneficientmostmerciful

Seriously Ivy you waste your time challenging anyone who harbors "disappointment" in their child for their sexuality or the laughable idea they can claim to support them...but tell them they must remain celibate.

:s-smilie:
Original post by ZuluK
:lol: nooooooo a chaperone makes it more exciting and fresh :redface:

He/she does? :lol:

You could have the most liberal person but there's still the fear that they won't accept certain things. It's just means they're more likely to listen and be more compassionate.

It can't be eliminated completely as a possibility, but it gets you a much better chance than you would have with a socially conservative person.

Yes.... What is that something? :holmes:

You just asked me to say nothing, so I defied you by saying 'something.' It doesn't mean anything in particular. :colondollar:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending