The Student Room Group

Anyone else sick of all the petitions?

Scroll to see replies

Love how my post is +4 atm.

Others clearly agreeing :smile:

You nat 5 buddy boys need to move onto your next exam. Don't let this scrap your motivation. You can get follow through marks and marks for ideas in maths. You should be fine if you tried your best and you know that you couldn't have done anymore. That is completely reasonable because in your heart you will know if you could have done more. If so, it's your fault. If not, just wait until results day and I am sure they will do something if they feel it is bad. You need to remember they have a marker's meeting so the teachers will express their views on the paper and that's when the mark scheme is made. If your teachers thought it was hard, marks scheme is lenient. If they think it was fair, marks scheme will be normal with no exceptions. All you can do is hope and not have a go now
Original post by Jeff548.
Mate, I'm chill. I'm not the one bitching about ONE PAPER WHICH IS WORTH LESS MARKS THAN THE OTHER. I am simply expressing my humour at the SQA's diminishing response to their petition lol

No youre not youre practically belittling National 5 candidates just because "im higher and i find the paper easy, i found last years paper easy as well, bloody nat 5's, bunch of losers"
Original post by Zain-A
You're being highly ignorant and condescending.

No, you make no sense. If I say the exam was fair you say I'm ignorant. If the exam board themselves say that you say I'm ignorant. If I point out that candidates still had the opportunity to maximise their grade in the second paper, you say I'm ignorant.

It's called a debate. You actually make a point if you have one and not just try and call others names which you think will be mildly insulting
Sqa fanboy? Ahahahahahahaha.

So you agree? You agree that the nat 5 maths paper which at a glance was similar to my years, and the sqa admitted was inline with other papers, caused "floods of tears."

And I talked about maths because the guy was making an argument over that... So...

Plus, if I need some help on some questions, I will try my best to get that help. I'm not going to bother arguing over my ability because that's not for anyone to decide. I work hard to hopefully achieve my desired grades and not care what anyone else thinks. I wouldn't care less if it took me 20K worth of tutoring. If it works in the end, then I will be happier than anyone

Yeah I took that comment down about judging your maths skills. I realised its quite sad to argue over a student room
thread to a bunch of random people. Just hate it when people act big headed and cocky that's all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's called a debate. You actually make a point if you have one and not just try and call others names which you think will be mildly insulting

Thats ironic
No, you make no sense. If I say the exam was fair you say I'm ignorant. If the exam board themselves say that you say I'm ignorant. If I point out that candidates still had the opportunity to maximise their grade in the second paper, you say I'm ignorant.

I actually agree with all of those points. I just find the way you are saying them to be hostile and disgusting. So don't take words out of my mouth and twist them.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
No youre not youre practically belittling National 5 candidates just because "im higher and i find the paper easy, i found last years paper easy as well, bloody nat 5's, bunch of losers"

Why are you quoting, I didn't say that lol.

Seriously, calm down. If I wanted to piss you guys off properly I could easily. But I am not trying to. I AM TRYING TO TELL YOU TO MOVE ON AND BLOODY LEAVE IT ALONE!!! URRRRRRGGHHHHH! DON'T MESS UP YOUR OTHERS BECAUSE OF ONE PAPER!!!!

Not going to respond to that because you guys clearly need motivation than me arguing with you. Don't stress too much. If you did your best, you can do no more. It's simple! If not, then try and do best for your others!!!!!
Why are you quoting, I didn't say that lol.

Seriously, calm down. If I wanted to piss you guys off properly I could easily. But I am not trying to. I AM TRYING TO TELL YOU TO MOVE ON AND BLOODY LEAVE IT ALONE!!! URRRRRRGGHHHHH! DON'T MESS UP YOUR OTHERS BECAUSE OF ONE PAPER!!!!

Not going to respond to that because you guys clearly need motivation than me arguing with you. Don't stress too much. If you did your best, you can do no more. It's simple! If not, then try and do best for your others!!!!!

Thats why we're all here cos we think the petition is useless we dont need motivation or anything but youre taking it to another level by your hostility
Well, the standard response to an idiot not doing well in an exam is to complain it was too hard because they're too used to a culture where you just had to turn up to the exam to do well, when the exams are being pushed towards actually doing what they're supposed to do, differentiate people based on ability, naturally people will complain.
Original post by RossB1702
Yeah I took that comment down about judging your maths skills. I realised its quite sad to argue over a student room
thread to a bunch of random people. Just hate it when people act big headed and cocky that's all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's all good :smile:

I can see why people would be pissed off with me. Especially since this "blunder" is quite recent so the stress and frustration is imminent.

Nah but seriously, thanks for the help. Any help is good as it makes me more comfortable and my aim is to succeed not show off and be better at maths etc than anyone else :smile:
Jeff what did you get at nat 5 last year ? If you don't mind me asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zain-A
I actually agree with all of those points. I just find the way you are saying them to be hostile and disgusting. So don't take words out of my mouth and twist them.

Then I don't see the huge problem? If you agree with the points, why are you resorting to calling me ignorant?

I am pointing out that these guys need to calm it down and that they are making no difference.

End of. This is pointless because we actually agree!!!! :colonhash:
Thats why we're all here cos we think the petition is useless we dont need motivation or anything but youre taking it to another level by your hostility

So if you admit the petition is useless, what are you trying to do "here"? Can you see my point? You are genuinely doing nothing. At least before you were furthering your case but now you're not doing anything.

AGAIN:

IF YOU DID YOUR BEST, YOU SHOULDN'T BE WORRIED. IF YOU PREPARED, YOU WILL DO WELL. HARD WORK NEVER GOES TO WASTE. NEVER.
Original post by Jammy Duel
Well, the standard response to an idiot not doing well in an exam is to complain it was too hard because they're too used to a culture where you just had to turn up to the exam to do well, when the exams are being pushed towards actually doing what they're supposed to do, differentiate people based on ability, naturally people will complain.

Big up this guy^^^

I agree on that bases too. Unfortunately, life gets tougher and to maintain your grades you need to work even harder.

Mate, you best be careful. These guys are going to erupt because you're "hostile" and also "ignorant."

Not me for pointing out they're wasting their time but you for calling them "idiots."

Let's see how pissed off you get at this guy...
So if you admit the petition is useless, what are you trying to do "here"? Can you see my point? You are genuinely doing nothing. At least before you were furthering your case but now you're not doing anything.

AGAIN:

IF YOU DID YOUR BEST, YOU SHOULDN'T BE WORRIED. IF YOU PREPARED, YOU WILL DO WELL. HARD WORK NEVER GOES TO WASTE. NEVER.

Like i said i came to read a perfectly friendly thread which i agreed on but saw your rude unnecessary comments and decided to comment - petitions are useless.

Im fine, not worried at all
General question:

What you get in your maths prelim?

If it was decent the school pushes for a remark so...?
Yeah i was furthering my "case" on how inconsiderately rude you were being but now i just wanna sleep haha 🙄🙄 night peeps
General question:

What you get in your maths prelim?

If it was decent the school pushes for a remark so...?

I'm my first prelim in February I got 62% which I wasn't entirely happy with. In my most recent prelim the one I did in April I got 77%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like i said i came to read a perfectly friendly thread which i agreed on but saw your rude unnecessary comments and decided to comment - petitions are useless.

Im fine, not worried at all

So you're basically admitting that you have decided to elaborate on my point and challenge it to provoke 'a storm'.

If you're not worried then why the hell are you so pissed saying some people are naturally good at maths??? NO ONE IS BORN A MATHEMATICIAN. At some point they will have focused more on Maths, become more familiar so from a young age can be better adapted to that subject.

There honestly isn't much point in replying anymore because I think you're a nice person but I understand your stress the day after the exam. I hope the rest goes well and look forward to hearing your success on results day. Everyone will succeed in proportion to their effort.
Original post by RossB1702
I'm my first prelim in February I got 62% which I wasn't entirely happy with. In my most recent prelim the one I did in April I got 77%.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lovely.

So you clearly studied more and got better grades or are you just a boss hahaha :cool:

We only have one and I got 74% which was good I guess. Lots of stupid mistakes though and I mean lots. Like forgetting to square root etc. Probably correct that to amateur mistakes lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending